Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review Bowl Games

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -
"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!"
Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1
"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"
British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...
Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!

What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2
Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!
Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls

BCS MATCHUPS

ROSE

Site: Pasadena, Calif.
Date: Jan. 1, 4:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: TCU vs. Wisconsin

FIESTA
Site: Glendale, Ariz.
Date: Jan. 1, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Connecticut vs. Oklahoma

ORANGE
Site: Miami
Date: Jan. 3, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Stanford vs. Virginia Tech

SUGAR
Site: New Orleans
Date: Jan. 4, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Arkansas vs. Ohio State

BCS TITLE GAME
Date: Jan. 10, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Oregon vs. Auburn

Other Bowl Games

NEW MEXICO
Site: Albuquerque
Date: Dec. 18, 2 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: BYU vs. UTEP

HUMANITARIAN
Site: Boise, Idaho
Date: Dec. 18, 5:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Northern Illinois vs. Fresno State

NEW ORLEANS
Date: Dec. 18, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Ohio U. vs. Troy

BEEF 'O'BRADY'S
Site: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Date: Dec. 21, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Southern Miss vs. Louisville

MAACO LAS VEGAS
Site: Las Vegas
Date: Dec. 22, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Utah vs. Boise State

POINSETTIA
Site: San Diego
Date: Dec. 23, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Navy vs. San Diego State

HAWAII
Site: Honolulu
Date: Dec. 24, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Hawaii vs. Tulsa

LITTLE CAESARS
Site: Detroit
Date: Dec. 26, 8:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Florida International vs. Toledo

INDEPENDENCE
Site: Shreveport, La.
Date: Dec. 27, 5 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Georgia Tech vs. Air Force

CHAMPS SPORTS
Site: Orlando
Date: Dec. 28, 6:30 p.m.
Matchup: N.C. State vs. West Virginia

INSIGHT
Site: Tempe, Ariz.
Date: Dec. 28, 10 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Iowa vs. Missouri

MILITARY
Site: Washington, D.C.
Date: Dec. 29, 2:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Maryland vs. East Carolina

TEXAS
Site: Houston
Date: Dec. 29, 6 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Illinois vs. Baylor

ALAMO
Site: San Antonio
Date: Dec. 29, 9:15 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona

ARMED FORCES
Site: Dallas, Texas
Date: Dec. 30, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Army at SMU

PINSTRIPE
Site: New York
Date: Dec. 30, 3:15 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Kansas State vs. Syracuse

MUSIC CITY
Site: Nashville
Date: Dec. 30, 6:45 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: North Carolina vs. Tennessee

HOLIDAY
Date: Dec. 30, 10 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Nebraska vs. Washington

MEINEKE
Site: Charlotte
Date: Dec. 31, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Clemson vs. USF

SUN
Site: El Paso, Texas
Date: Dec. 31, 2 p.m., CBS
Matchup: Miami vs. Notre Dame

LIBERTY
Site: Memphis
Date: Dec. 31, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: UCF vs. Georgia

CHICK-FIL-A
Site: Atlanta
Date: Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Florida State vs. South Carolina

TICKETCITY
Site: Dallas
Date: Jan. 1, noon, ESPNU
Matchup: Northwestern vs. Texas Tech

OUTBACK
Site: Tampa
Date: Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC
Matchup: Penn State vs. Florida

CAPITAL ONE
Date: Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Michigan State vs. Alabama

GATOR
Site: Jacksonville
Date: Jan. 1, 1:30 p.m., ESPN2
Matchup: Michigan vs. Mississippi State

GODADDY.COM
Site: Mobile, Ala.
Date: Jan. 6, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Miami (Ohio) vs. Middle Tennessee

COTTON
Site: Irving, Texas
Date: Jan. 7, 8 p.m., Fox
Matchup: Texas A&M vs. LSU

BBVA COMPASS
Site: Birmingham, Ala.
Date: Jan. 8, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Pittsburgh vs. Kentucky

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER
Site: San Francisco
Date: Jan. 9, 9 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Boston College vs. Nevada
Games this week (Saturday)

NEW MEXICO

Winner - BYU
Both teams are 6-6 however BYU's conference record is 5-3 and UTEP's is 3-5. The Mountain West is considered stronger (for once) than Conference USA which has no ranked teams. BYU seems to have improved after stumbling early and lost its last game 16-17 to ranked Utah and defeated San Diego State.

HUMANITARIAN

Winner - Fresno State
Going all in with Pat Hill who does more with less than nearly any other coach. Fresno got smoked by Boise State but lost a close game 34-35 to ranked Nevada (who upset Boise). Northern Illinois lost its last game to Miami (OH) in the Mid-American conference title game.

NEW ORLEANS

Winner - Troy
Troy typically puts up good numbers on offense, Ohio lost its last game to 5-7 Kent State, not a great sign heading into a bowl game.
Well seems rather quiet. What? No gloating that Muschamp bolted to the swamp? No cryin' from the cowpokes that Holgorsen (who i would have liked as UT's new OC) bolted for his own HC-in-waiting gig at WVa?

Which leads me to a word about Stewy at WVa. As you few readers and even fewer posters LOL know, I've frequently gone with WVa in games based on the coach factor and that's usually worked out well in WVa's case. Many derided WVa's quick hire of Stewart based on the OU Massacre but did you know that Stewart has posted three straight 9 win seasons since taking over for RichRod? RichRod on the other hand .. well we don't need to go there do we? Stewart i think was a good hire for WVa because it rewarded an insider to the program who had rallied the Mountaineers in the wake of RichRod's job hopping to UM and that's rare in this day and age of college football. WVa showed some guts doing this and I'm glad that it worked out for them. While RichRod had WVa at 10-2 his final year and only a late loss to rival Pitt kept WVa out of its second bowl game with national title implications (Remember that the 1988 11-0 team led by Major Harris under Don Nehlen played ND in the Fiesta bowl for the national title "Beauty pagaent") RichRod's overall average at WVa was 9 wins .. same as Stewy's. So Stewart did exactly what WVa needed him to do minus the ginormous ego of RichRod .. he kept them a solid winning program with no real dropoff from the RichRod debacle, as many predicted would happen. Now Stewy smartly will take a non-coaching role at WVa after next season while tagging up Holgorsen as WVa's next head coach. Hard to say how Holgorsen will work out long run but if his previous stints as OC are any indication TCU has at least one team to worry about in the Big East!

Congrats to Stewy on a solid run under very tough circumstances at WVa and excellent hire on Holgorsen, i doubt there's a better OC out there today to pick to lead your program in 2012.

Bill Stewart at WVa vs Rich Rod (Stewart first)
well it just became offical today but no big surprise. He has been living in a motel since January, never signed a contract but as Pat Jones use to say, when we had Leslie O'Neil, we were defensive genesis's and when we had Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders we were offensive genesis's. Holgorsen had one of the best QB's, WR's and RB's in the country

Not sure what WV has but when Larry Coker was our OC with the old triplets, Gundy, Sanders and Hart Lee Dykes and zerou stole him away from us, he he, then followed Jimmy to Miami and to its truest form of the Peter Principal he work himself up to HC ie el busto

but I think I read on orange bloods, Holgorsen is known for never turning down a drink, just like me but there was talk he was involved with coeds. just like I would too. that could bite him in the ass as HC

the long and the short, if we can promote an ass't coach to HC that helps our program, 3 in 3 years
there are alot of replacements out there

http://www.newsok.com/dana-holgorsen...lick=columnist

what gets me is how many of my friends do not want Gundy to call the plays again, he was a QB?
Heh heh heh, Kid - no point in kicking a man when he's down. Besides, it's just Mack-karma working it's magic. I was always puzzled a bit by the head-coach-in-waiting gambit for just the reason we've seen. I suppose it would have worked except for a very few jobs (like Florida) that might have come open. As Rosanna Rosannadanna used to day, "It's always something!"
LOL my ploy worked! got some responses, that was the point!
Yeah if it hadn't been a heavyweight like Florida i'd be bashing Willy as a turncoat haha, i didn't know until recently he had grown up in Gainesville. Of course had UGA come calling that would have been a tempting offer as well since he played there. I noticed that Muschamp's already said he'll scrap the Pope Urbie spread. that fits well with Brantley's skills but he's a senior next year so don't know if Florida has another pro-style guy on the roster now or not, they could be looking at a green QB after next year. The kids Pope Urbie had behind Brantley are "Tebow Jr's" so i doubt they could adapt to a Pro style offense. Hey there's always a JUCO guy (that worked out pretty well for Aubie as i recall!)

One thing Orangebloods reported is that Mack asked Muschamp not to make a run at the Major and it appears he won't, even with his desire to go with a Pro style offense. The Major won't be OC at Texas, at least in the near future. he's not ready under the current situation. Mack won't put him into a position to fail. He'd be better off bringing in Norm Chow (not my choice) and allowing the Major some time to work toward being the OC with Normie setup as the fallguy. Norm Chow does have a strong body of work at BYU and USC in a pro style set that Pete Carroll favored, but i don't want a fallguy! I want the Stanford guys, their OC and O line coach, both if possible. i want someone who is a near guarantee to improve the offense next year. Let the Major be groomed by these guys for down the road.

Florida and Texas were similar stories this year, flip a couple of games either way and they would have the same record, of course we'd take 7-5 but keep in mind the only way Urbie pulled that off was to bring in the "Tebow clones", as he said he would for short yardage situations before the season even started. Florida struggled just as badly as Texas early while trying to establish Brantley in a Pro style set. It's puzzling that neither Florida nor Texas with the kind of talent they both have that neither could effectively come out in a Pro style set and execute. Brantley and Gilbert are essentially the same type of QB.

So Holgorsen likes to get his drink on and chase coeds? and he lived in a motel, how convenient for an "outcall" location! I like the guy even more now LOL! I wonder if WVa had any idea of some of this, could they get whacked in the head down the road with a scandal??

by the way the AD at WVa is Oliver Luck, if that name sounds familiar that's Andrew Luck at Stanford's dad. Luck will almost certainly stay for his senior year (unless Harbaugh bolts) because his dad was a former NFL QB himself and with a nice gig as AD at WVa money isn't a real concern to the family.

That's similar to Leinhart when he was at USC, his dad wasn't a zillionaire that i know of but he had a successful business career of some sort i recall. I bring this up because of Sanchez and his recent struggles with the Jets, Petey was mighty pissed he left early just because he left early but also he felt he wasn't ready with only a full year as starter. Hmm, looks like Petey was right! Sanchez will probably get through his growning pains ok, at least Rex Ryan hopes so! Leinhart's problem isn't talent so much as that bighead prima donna thingy. While Reggo isn't the superduperstar many felt he would be, he does have a Superbowl ring and a real chance for more given the Saints are surging late and as long they have Kool Brees at QB they should be solid contenders for the near future.
VY was offensive rookie of the year in 06 and despite his recent meltdowns he has a solid winning record as a starter. So while trippin' down college football days gone by, by far the biggest bust of the Big 3 of college football in 2005 is Leinhart. Reggo is clearly on top at this point, VY a distant second and Leinhart is in the shitter. A gold plated shitter at least! Hope he invested that moola well it might be his one and only big payday.

Well that's a little scattershootin' ala Blackie Sharrod or Trippin' with Michael Silver type post for y'all.
Games this week (Saturday)

NEW MEXICO

Winner - BYU
Both teams are 6-6 however BYU's conference record is 5-3 and UTEP's is 3-5. The Mountain West is considered stronger (for once) than Conference USA which has no ranked teams. BYU seems to have improved after stumbling early and lost its last game 16-17 to ranked Utah and defeated San Diego State.

BYU 52

UTEP 24BYU rolls after finally finding some trademark offense and buries the miners and Mark "stripper" Price.

HUMANITARIAN

Winner - Fresno State
Going all in with Pat Hill who does more with less than nearly any other coach. Fresno got smoked by Boise State but lost a close game 34-35 to ranked Nevada (who upset Boise). Northern Illinois lost its last game to Miami (OH) in the Mid-American conference title game.

N Illinois 40

Fresno St 17Northern Illinois rebounds nicely at the expense of the hard workin' Pat Hill.

NEW ORLEANS

Winner - Troy
Troy typically puts up good numbers on offense, Ohio lost its last game to 5-7 Kent State, not a great sign heading into a bowl game.

Ohio 21

Troy 48As expected Troy's offense is too much for Ohio to handle.
I am glad there were some good bball games on, gee 3 blow outs except the div II playoffs, Upper Minn vs Delta

Actually the best football was Denton Guyer(?), 3 OSU commits QB,CB & WR ? vs Steele (Mack Brown ut commit, that is a big boy)
And we better get back to pro style ball and 1,000 yard backs! Mack had a 1,000 back every year until VY (yes VY ran for 1,000 his junior year but that was a QB doing it not an RB and while Colt was a more than capable runner he's no VY and he's still a QB) that's why i want either Stanford or Wisconsin coaches brought in. I'd prefer the Stanford guys, Harbaugh runs a pro style offense and so do the Badgers who looked absolutely vicious late in the year. Look at all the backs from Texas who ran wild in recent years - Oregon's LaMichael James, Oklahoma State's Kendall Hunter, Stanford's Stepfan Taylor and Oregon State's Jacquizz Rodgers. Not to mention Lache Seastrunk of Temple, TX rated at or near the top RB prospect who followed James to Oregon. Most of these kids went elsewhere because Texas was a spread passing team in recent years. Texas needs a strong offensive line coach especially if all those blue chipper recruits may not be panning out which happens sometimes, a coach who consistently makes good talent play great and great talent play even better.
This week's games (To Sunday Dec 26th)

BEEF 'O'BRADY'S

Winner - Louisville
Going all in with my alma mater. Charlie Strong probably wishes he stayed at UF and I'd rather have the Pirate but Strong shows signs late in the year of giving the Ville some identity.

MAACO LAS VEGAS

Winner - Boise State
The Smurfs looked strong all year until the bitter end and Nevada who beat Boise posted 11 W's while Utah stumbled badly after getting wasted by TCU. I'll take the Smurfs in a one-shot game.

POINSETTIA

Winner - San Diego State
This one's for you boltfan! really if you look at it San Diego lost to TCU and rebounding Utah before winning against UNLV while Navy other than beating Army played the strong finishing slate of .. Arky St. and C Mich.

HAWAII

Winner - Hawaii
This is a home game for the Warriors (nice to host your own bowl isn't it) and Tulsa won out but did so against unimpressive teams and had no defense doing it.

LITTLE CAESARS

Winner - Toledo
Who's the dullest team here? Probably FIU at 6-6 compared to Toledo's 8-4, against the powerhouse Mid-American conference. Ouch.
POINSETTIA

Winner - San Diego State
This one's for you boltfan! really if you look at it San Diego lost to TCU and rebounding Utah before winning against UNLV while Navy other than beating Army played the strong finishing slate of .. Arky St. and C Mich.

congrats Boltfan the most competive game thus far but not really, with USC problems you can only get better

what changed the traditions?
They got a damn coach, an awesome RB, a quarterback with an arm and some decent receivers. Reminds me of..... The Faulk years. This kid shattered Marshall Faulks freshman yards record.

With the upgrades facilites on campus look for SDSU to win the Mountain West easily next year. Too bad TCU and Utah are leaving. At least SDSU will get to play Boise State.
This week's games (To Sunday Dec 26th)

BEEF 'O'BRADY'S

Winner - Louisville
Going all in with my alma mater. Charlie Strong probably wishes he stayed at UF and I'd rather have the Pirate but Strong shows signs late in the year of giving the Ville some identity.

Sthrn Miss 28
Louisville 31
Louisville looked like they'd get killed early but rallied well to win their first bowl since 2006, now we'll see if Charlie Strong has the Ville headed back up the food chain.

MAACO LAS VEGAS

Winner - Boise State
The Smurfs looked strong all year until the bitter end and Nevada who beat Boise posted 11 W's while Utah stumbled badly after getting wasted by TCU. I'll take the Smurfs in a one-shot game.

20 Utah 3
10 Boise St 26
Utah actually dominated this game early in stats, too bad not the scoreboard. as usual the smurfs roll and take another bowl on top of another strong year.

POINSETTIA

Winner - San Diego State

Navy 14
San Diego St 35
Navy gets torpedoed by the Aztecs, who didn't let a flooded field slow them down.

HAWAII

Winner - Hawaii
This is a home game for the Warriors (nice to host your own bowl isn't it) and Tulsa won out but did so against unimpressive teams and had no defense doing it.

24 Hawaii 35
Tulsa 62
Maybe Hawaii should consider not having a bowl in their own house. Hawaii had 6 first half turnovers including 4 INT's that's no way to play at home, Warriors.

LITTLE CAESARS

Winner - Toledo
Who's the dullest team here? Probably FIU at 6-6 compared to Toledo's 8-4, against the powerhouse Mid-American conference. Ouch.

Fla Intl 34
Toledo 32
Well this game saved the fireworks till the last. Toledo scored late then went for two and got it to take the lead, ballsy but all FIU needed was a field goal either way and they got it with help from a hook and ladder.
INDEPENDENCE
Site: Shreveport, La.
Date: Dec. 27, 5 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Georgia Tech vs. Air Force

Winner - Air Force
Air Force is a solid team and they run well, Ga Tech has been a disappointment.

CHAMPS SPORTS
Date: Dec. 28, 6:30 p.m.
Matchup: N.C. State vs. West Virginia

winner - West Virginia
going all in with Stewy to start his victory lap next year on a high note. WVa should have the better offense and Devine is due for a big game.

INSIGHT
Site: Tempe, Ariz.
Date: Dec. 28, 10 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Iowa vs. Missouri

winner - Missouri
Iowa stumbled late as usual, Frentz has trouble closing out. Mizzu has the edge on offense, Iowa's only chance is keep this from becoming a shootout.

MILITARY
Site: Washington, D.C.
Date: Dec. 29, 2:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Maryland vs. East Carolina

winner - Maryland
Ralphie is out at Maryland (how interesting they play the Pirates and The Pirate is the likely new coach) still i'd like to see Maryland win one for Ralphie.

TEXAS
Site: Houston
Date: Dec. 29, 6 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Illinois vs. Baylor

winner - Baylor
Balyor didn't quite have the breakout year they wanted but Briles is a good offensive coach and Griffin can dominate a game.

ALAMO
Site: San Antonio
Date: Dec. 29, 9:15 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Oklahoma State vs. Arizona

winner - Oklahoma St.
Stoops 2 will need a lights out defensive game to stop all those cowpoke play makers, not going to happen, cowpokes roll.

ARMED FORCES
Site: Dallas, Texas
Date: Dec. 30, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Army at SMU

winner - SMU
why not pony up with JuneBug? unless Army brings real tanks SMU should win with JuneBug's run-n-shoot offense.

PINSTRIPE
Site: New York
Date: Dec. 30, 3:15 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Kansas State vs. Syracuse

winner - Syracuse
The 'Cuse looks like they have a coach and a team again, it's been a while, and despite Snyder's track record i'll take the 'Cuse.

MUSIC CITY
Site: Nashville
Date: Dec. 30, 6:45 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: North Carolina vs. Tennessee

winner - Tennessee
a toss-up here, Butch Davis is mired in scandal and Dooley would love some momentum. Son of Vince gets the win.

HOLIDAY
Date: Dec. 30, 10 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Nebraska vs. Washington

winner - Nebraska
the children of the corn whipped the Huskies early this year, i see nothing from UWa late in the year to change that, no letdown no excuses Bo!

MEINEKE
Site: Charlotte
Date: Dec. 31, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Clemson vs. USF

winner - Clemson
Why? Why Not? besides i can't stand the bastard son of Lou who's now coaching USF and i'd love to see a coach named Dabo kick his butt.

SUN
Site: El Paso, Texas
Date: Dec. 31, 2 p.m., CBS
Matchup: Miami vs. Notre Dame

winner - ND
yeah i hate ND but with Shannon gone ND has the better staff in place at this point to win.

LIBERTY
Site: Memphis
Date: Dec. 31, 3:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: UCF vs. Georgia

winner - Georgia
UGA was a different team with Green back in the lineup and you figure UGA has better talent, after all they are in the big bad SEC aren't they?

CHICK-FIL-A
Site: Atlanta
Date: Dec. 31, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Florida State vs. South Carolina

winner - South Carolina
going all in with the 'ol Ball Coach.

TICKETCITY
Site: Dallas
Date: Jan. 1, noon, ESPNU
Matchup: Northwestern vs. Texas Tech

winner - Texas Tech
it's been a rough first year for Tubby at Tech, while it could have been better it certainly could have been worse.

OUTBACK
Site: Tampa
Date: Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ABC
Matchup: Penn State vs. Florida

winner - Penn St.
going all in with JoePa to send Pope Urbie off to early retirement on a low note!

CAPITAL ONE
Date: Jan. 1, 1 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Michigan State vs. Alabama

winner - Michigan St.
going against Saban here, who plays his old school. rolling the dice that Sparty keeps the special season going with a big bowl win.

GATOR
Site: Jacksonville
Date: Jan. 1, 1:30 p.m., ESPN2
Matchup: Michigan vs. Mississippi State

winner - Mississippi St.
RichRod needs this one bad but UM hasn't played good defense all year so Mullen wins this game and RichRod likely loses his job. you interested J Harbaugh?

GODADDY.COM
Site: Mobile, Ala.
Date: Jan. 6, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Miami (Ohio) vs. Middle Tennessee

winner - Miami OH.
on paper this is a dog, Miami is 9-4 and won the conference while Middle Tennessee limps in at 6-6.

COTTON
Site: Irving, Texas
Date: Jan. 7, 8 p.m., Fox
Matchup: Texas A&M vs. LSU

winner - LSU
going all in with Crazy Lester. besides, how can a Longhorns fan root the the faggies anyway?

BBVA COMPASS
Site: Birmingham, Ala.
Date: Jan. 8, noon, ESPN
Matchup: Pittsburgh vs. Kentucky

winner - Kentucky
going for a home state sweep, and Pitt is a wreak on staff now that Wanny has been fired.

KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER
Site: San Francisco
Date: Jan. 9, 9 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Boston College vs. Nevada

winner - Nevada
The Wolfpack slew the smurfs and finished 12-1, Nevada runs the ball strong, always a plus.
and now the biggies

BCS MATCHUPS

ROSE

Site: Pasadena, Calif.
Date: Jan. 1, 4:30 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: TCU vs. Wisconsin

winner - TCU
going all in with Patty and da froggies. Badgers are great run team TCU has great defense, i'll take defense.

FIESTA
Date: Jan. 1, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Connecticut vs. Oklahoma

winner - Oklahoma
Big Game Bozo hasn't had much luck in bowls lately especially against Big East teams, but this is a real mis-match. don't blow it Bob!

ORANGE
Site: Miami
Date: Jan. 3, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Stanford vs. Virginia Tech

winner - Stanford
Va Tech went on a monster roll after early season disaster like i predicted but something tells me the streak ends at 11 and Stanford's only loss is to Oregon.

SUGAR
Date: Jan. 4, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Arkansas vs. Ohio State

winner - Ohio St.
should go with Boss Hogg, SEC, all that but how many times in a row can SweaterVest lose to the SEC, really? got to win one eventually .. maybe.

BCS TITLE GAME
Date: Jan. 10, 8 p.m., ESPN
Matchup: Oregon vs. Auburn

winner - Oregon
I picked the Ducks early to win it all and i'm sticking with 'em. Besides Aubie shouldn't have Fig Newton playing so i want the Duckies to save the NCAA's ass and win their first title.