Asking for a friend: How does going UTR work?

I got this from a friend and thought I'd throw it out to see what opinions others had. (I gave her mine.)

"I want to go UTR. Can you tell me how that works on y'alls side? Do the ladies still advertise somewhere? Are you guys still able to inform each other about the provider if she doesn't take reviews?"

She'll see your comments here. Help a lady out.
For years, I was only on P411, and I’ve always had a No Review Policy. At times, I posted here, knew some other girls who gave me referrals, etc., but besides Available Now ads and limited photos on P411,I did not formally advertise. I had a full time career and just did this for fun and extra $ and made about $1k a week which was nice.

I asked guys to only discuss me in private areas and they all complied. Hope this helps. Your friend can PM if she likes.
She be lazy. 🤣
I have seen several UTR ladies that just disappeared and a few months later contacted me. My guess is most UTR ladies have a clientele and just see those regulars. A few UTR's I see were through word of mouth from others (hobbyist and providers). I was specifically instructed to not mention seeing them or review them.
UTR means no advertising, no reviews.
You don’t go UTR unless you have the regulars to fill your card.
Let them do their own work it’s not your job to WK. Or is it?
Here's what I sent her:

A long time ago, I was part of a mailing list. A couple of girls who were pretty much UTR (did not advertise and were not mentioned on the fledgling message boards and services of the day) did fairly well by working primarily off of guys who read reviews circulated on that list. We had a system whereby a girl would give a guy a code word to use on the list. When another guy contacted that girl using that code word, he might have been a jerk or a bore, and she may or may not have deemed further screening necessary, but she had a pretty good idea that he was a legit client.

Back then, a UTR girl was one who didn't advertise, who wasn't reviewed (Fight Club rules) and who worked primarily off of referrals.

Fast forward to today. I don't know what UTR means anymore. I see guys reviewing "UTR" girls all the time; if they were UTR (by my definition) before the review, they aren't afterward. One girl even has UTR as part of her handle.

So the first consideration is, what do you mean by UTR? I'll assume for the moment that you mean the old-school definition.

If there's a secret society passing around the names and contact information of such women, I'm unaware of it. I wish there was.

If that's indeed the case, then you are left with your existing client/regular base and any referrals they might provide. Is your income requirement going to be met? Over time, I suspect, your regulars will find new girls to see, and their referrals won't come in as fast as they leave.

Back then, reliable information was hard to come by. Today, information is much more available. I think that a lot of girls who might have been UTR back in the days of three-line print ads now have Showcases because of competitive pressure.
B Three seems to have a healthy outlook on UTR or part time providing. I’ve seen some incredibly hot UTR providers only to realize the hobby was a short-term project for them (i.e. divorce funds) and that’s ok. In fact it was incredible of not much better than a pro while it lasted but then they are gone like a fart in the wind. To this point I think a UTR provider should start with the assistance of a professional provider. She can learn the ropes with less risks for everyone. My advice is to introduce her to a respected provider on this board.
Lol. She is already a respected member of the board. She is thinking about lowering or eliminating her public presence. I assume a name change would accompany the transition, but I did not ask.
I have a UTR friend that was on the board years ago. she kept the same phone number and I'd text her for availability when I wanted to see her...pretty simple. I don't think she advertised anywhere and as far as I can tell just saw a handful of regulars.
Haven’t had the pleasure of having an UTR friend in a while..in many ways miss it as there is less drama and scheduling was easier.

I like B Three’s take on this as well.
I have a "friend" that was a well known provider in Arkansas, and she went UTR a couple of years ago, maybe more. Quit advertising, but kept a good email list. Every once in a while, I will get an email from her advising she will be nearby for a few days. And I always know how to get in touch with her if I will be near where she lives. No reviews. She says she is doing well, and occasionally sees a new guy referred to her by someone she already knows, etc.