Hobby Phone :)

just wanted to share the wealth with the community..good for both sides of the hobby if you ask me!

i have a new hobby phone and thanks to: G GLE Voice.

If you guys and girls haven't checked it out yet, take a few minutes to. it is free, discreet and pretty cool!!! no more prepaid minutes and bad service from the prepaids.

try it out let me know how it works for you This way I no longer have to have a "unknown" show up on a caller ID when returning someones call
No Johnny, it's free. Just search Google (LOL) for Google Voice and go to the website.
Yep they went public with it so you no longer need invites. The only problem I have noticed with it is sometimes when you call me on my google voice line, it will say this line is no longer in service....that happens like 1 out of 10 calls.
Google voice is great! It can be deactivated at any time so when its not appropriate to be receiving calls from my hobby number I can just suspend, if I am expecting a providers call just simply activate via google account. Glad you got a hobby number bailey!!
Yes, Google Voice rocks, in my opinion it's way better than having another cell to hobby, I agree it's a great option for both the provider & hobbyist alike.

As RTR said, you can turn it on and off at will, you can set up custom voicemail messages depending on who calls you and control how the Caller ID is sent or received. It works with SMS (text messages) too.
  • CDL1
  • 06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow,

Very interesting article. Thanks for the info!
Can you place outgoing calls from your regular phones using your google number?
yes, you open the google voice ap and dial there, same with text messages.
yes, you open the google voice ap and dial there, same with text messages. Originally Posted by spitfire178
I better find some tutorials, lol.