Hobby Phone?

Need some help with how these work, best place to buy one, security, etc. I assume the phone service needs your name, possibly SSN, in order to program one for you. Advice appreciated.
  • moman
  • 03-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Go to walmart get a tracphone. Pay cash. Call to activate just enter the serial number and pin on the activation card. It will ask for another phone number but just say you dont have one. Just buy another card to refill time.
I use a boost mobile. 40 for the phone itself, 35 monthly or you can do a pay by the day plan depending on your frequency.
Hobby phone good ideas
Don't use it at your home or near your legit phone. Store it with the battery out.
You can purchase TracPhones at Walmart, Family Dollar, and Dollar General.

Pay cash for you phone and refill cards.
+1 Boost Mobile.
Thanks for all the great advice. Headed to Walmart
Don't use it at your home or near your legit phone. Store it with the battery out. Originally Posted by Enchanterlingum
why? Do tell - are you saying I should drive to the local gas station when communicating with a provider?
Yeah, I would just go to Walmart and get a Tracfone. Be sure to pay with cash, and also to use cash for your top up cards.
But for trusted friends in the hobby, google voice is just fine.
Need some help with how these work, best place to buy one, security, etc. I assume the phone service needs your name, possibly SSN, in order to program one for you. Advice appreciated. Originally Posted by flipsalso
This isn't phone related but still communication your message box is full I can't respond to you😀
Go to walmart get a tracphone. Pay cash. Call to activate just enter the serial number and pin on the activation card. It will ask for another phone number but just say you dont have one. Just buy another card to refill time. Originally Posted by moman
Best way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to walmart get a tracphone. Pay cash. Call to activate just enter the serial number and pin on the activation card. It will ask for another phone number but just say you dont have one. Just buy another card to refill time. Originally Posted by moman
Best way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please delete this double post
Thanks
There are also lots of apps for Android phones to add a second line for practically no cost. Like Telos as an example.