Like versus Reply to a review or thread.

I've started to enjoy the use of the LIKE button a lot more lately.

Here are some ways.

Provider Ads.
I cannot reply to a provider ad but I do LIKE them when I see one that grabs my attention. If guys would LIKE the ads they enjoy and other providers begin to notice that a lot of a providers are getting them, that is an informal feedback that they may want to change their own ad format. Since their is no Dislike, this is just a small step.

Reviews
There are many reviews that I read and don't feel a need to comment with things like "Great review" or a thanks but I do enjoy giving the feedback by using the LIKE button. Providers cannot reply to reviews but I am sure they can LIKE their own reviews. It doesn't bump it or do anything else but if a review writer sees he is getting a good number of LIKEs on a review, that may encourage him to write more or to encourage others to write more and it has a small chance where guys who bump reviews to say good job can simply LIKE them to show they appreciate the time it took the poster for a good job.

Coed Threads.
Like reviews, many times I may not care to reply for whatever reason, either to a thread, or even better, a perfect reply especially when some smart-ass gets his/her ass handed to them by someone else. The LIKE button allows me to show I appreciate the post when I don't have anything to really add but want to show my "support" for a view or opinion.

How many others have been using the LIKE feature for the same reasons?

FYI. You can only LIKE a post one time, it will not count multiple times from the same handle.
did you hit your own like button???

lmao
did you hit your own like button???

lmao Originally Posted by babydollsnow
Yes. I wanted to verify that no matter how many times I hit the button it only counts as 1.
Good to know!
Yes. I wanted to verify that no matter how many times I hit the button it only counts as 1. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Damn!! I wasted all those likes on my posts.

Torito
so thats why guys have multiple handles.

I thought it was just becaue they were douchebags.....
Hopefully the like button will eliminate the damn "+1"s
I'd like it if you could see who "liked" each post, similar to facebook.

Whenever I see "1 user liked this post", I always assume they just did it themselves.
Hopefully the like button will eliminate the damn "+1"s Originally Posted by Thibodeaux
+1
Hopefully the like button will eliminate the damn "+1"s Originally Posted by Thibodeaux
And someone with a likely opposing view

Btw, people clicked the "like" button 46 times on her post.

Can you make it possible so that someone can NOT "like" their own post? I've seen it done on some sites where you can't give yourself "reputation". Can we have the same thing here for the like button?

It seems that every post in a lot of threads has at least 1 like on them. Most are not worthy of a like. I have a feeling that someone is either just "testing out" the like button or "liking" their own post and thus, it's not an accurate count of whether that particular comment/or post deserved a "like".

With every post being "liked", it makes the button useless unless you can post the names of whomever LIKED that particular post. This is done on another site where you're allowed to THANK the poster for his post. Your name is displayed. You can always remove your THANK YOU if you change your mind. I like that system because it eliminates someone THANKING or LIKING their own post. I'm sure this alone would help eliminate the unnecessary "liking" and make the system less of a joke.

What do you think?? Is it possible? Originally Posted by tia travels