This has been bugging the crap out of me!!!

Why do people not wear deodorant?? I mean I hear horror stories from both sides, after suggesting a shower and them not taking the hint. How do you deal with it?? Or even after the shower they still reek of the smell.

Someone smelling bad is such a turn off for me I do not even want to get close to them.

How does one truly handle it without sounding rude?

Kinda grossed out here,
Sloane
I don't know, but I believe the rule of thumb should be...

If anyone offers you a breath mint or a shower you take it. (and say thank you)

They are either "just being nice" or they are really helping you out. Either way you shouldn't let their effort go to waste.

~1TGA
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT6IWAIf580"]YouTube- Axe Deodorant Body Spray comercial[/ame]
Someone smelling bad is such a turn off for me I do not even want to get close to them.

Kinda grossed out here,
Sloane Originally Posted by SloaneMacallan

When this happens in the hobby only two things are likeley to happen.
1) The offending party takes the hint and showers, takes the breath mint or whatever, or
2) They don't take the hint and the other party never sees them again.

With that in mind, if hints haven't worked, nothing willl be lost by being frank and open about it. "I'm sorry but you really need a shower. If you want to go forward from here you have to take one." or you really need a breath mint or what ever the problem is.
Hee, I put on my FAQ page that I prefer anyone I see be showered, and if not, I reserve the right to ask them to shower.
If they ask why, I play it off as a germiphob thing, or a "cold and flu season" thing, or (now that I'm in Texas), I guess I can use the heat as an excuse.
I don't know how prevalent this is, but my SO has a BO problem--it's probably a medical thing. She can jump in the shower and scrub and have that offensive odor w/in 1/2 hour of getting out. I don't know how you fight that.

But I also agree w/ Omahan:
When this happens in the hobby only two things are likeley to happen.
1) The offending party takes the hint and showers, takes the breath mint or whatever, or
2) They don't take the hint and the other party never sees them again.

With that in mind, if hints haven't worked, nothing willl be lost by being frank and open about it. "I'm sorry but you really need a shower. If you want to go forward from here you have to take one." or you really need a breath mint or what ever the problem is.
Hee, I put on my FAQ page that I prefer anyone I see be showered, and if not, I reserve the right to ask them to shower.
If they ask why, I play it off as a germiphob thing, or a "cold and flu season" thing, or (now that I'm in Texas), I guess I can use the heat as an excuse. Originally Posted by MaggieSinead
If it is the dead of August I can't imagine showing up at an incall and not showering unless I went straight from the house to a waiting car that has had the A/C running for at least 15 minutes.

I prefer outcalls and I am ALWAYS freshly showered when the lady arrives at the door. Most of the time I am in my bathrobe seeing as how clothing will only be on for a short time anyway.
I don't know how prevalent this is, but my SO has a BO problem--it's probably a medical thing. She can jump in the shower and scrub and have that offensive odor w/in 1/2 hour of getting out. I don't know how you fight that.

But I also agree w/ Omahan: Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Dude, you might want to haul your SO to the doctor and make certain everything's all right. It might not be BO...
I agree that people should wear deodorant.

However, more importantly, people should first bath.

Once having properly bathed and dried, then deodorant should be applied.

Do not attempt to cover a bad stinking body with deodorant and avoid the bath.

You will only create a third malodorous monster and you don't want to deal with that potent green thing that emerged from the swamp!

Pheeew! I've worked in third world countries and I know exactly what I'm talking about.
Why do people not wear deodorant?? I mean I hear horror stories from both sides, after suggesting a shower and them not taking the hint. How do you deal with it?? Or even after the shower they still reek of the smell.

Kinda grossed out here,
I politely ask the Guy/Lady to go wash his/her ass. I mean if I was a little tarp down there ( WHICH WOULD NEVER HAPPEN) I would expect a Guy to tell me. I really think it is common sense in this Hobby it is a MUST that we take extra pride in our hygiene. If you have someone who doesn't smell so good ask them to take a shower IF they refuse (which does happen) tell them you are not interested in continuing the date.
People should really use a product that is a combination of Antiperspirant & Deodorant.

Deodorants are substances applied to the body to eliminate body odor caused by the bacterial breakdown of perspiration. A subgroup of deodorants, antiperspirants, prevent odor and reduce sweat produced by parts of the body. Antiperspirants are typically applied to the underarms, while deodorants may also be used on feet and other areas in the form of body sprays
Maybe they're French?!? Seriously, cologne or perfume are NOT a substitute for showering and deodorant. But sadly many people think so.

Kinda grossed out here,
One way of handling it is telling the guy that you feel kinda randy and hadn't had the time to get ready. So maybe he'd like to begin the session in the shower with you? That way, you've put it on yourself without calling him out.

The only other way I can think of that might not offend him is tell him that you require all men to shower as it is a germ thing--as mentioned earlier by someone--and it makes it easier for you to enjoy the session.

In the second scenario, you need to let him know those 5 or 10 minutes are not on the clock.

As for the first scenario, on the clock or not, I don't know.

My advice is free, and worth every penny.