+ * + VALENTINE'S DAY....WHERE TO GO....WHAT TO GET HER? + * + *

Valentine's Day might be one of the most over-hyped days of celebration in our history. Now with the SuperBowl over (GO SAINTS!!!), I am curious....where and how will you gents and/or ladies celebrate Valentine's Day? What do you men and/or ladies plan to purchase for your lover?

For me, the day is bittersweet. Last year, I spent Valentine's Day in San Antonio with a handsome 24-year old Latino and business owner from San Jose, CA. I had met him in my HDH Nevada days in November of 2008, months before I left Nevada and back to Texas. Since then, he and I kept in touch. I recall on that very special day, he purchased a De Beers diamond pendant for me in the shape of a circle with dozens of diamonds embedded into the piece. For just a young lad, he did not have to be generous, but I almost loved him for that. Coincidentally, it was also his birthday, so I treated him to a restaurant on the San Antonio River Walk for his birthday. It was so romantic and I loved our encounter. My time with him was so special and memorable, and Valentine's Day is a day to be and feel loved for some....it is what I want.

So, this year, I am intentionally distancing myself from Texas because being here in the state of Texas sort of hurts. So, I decided to leave and even solidified a sold-out tour to Los Angeles where I will be spending my Valentine's Day. I even invited my dear friend from last year to come to my hotel and celebrate. Is Valentine's Day just another day for many of you or does it have an assigned meaning or sentimental value?

Just some thoughts.....

Angelina
I am often on the road for VDay. It's become just another day because I can't normally spend it with that Special Someone. It's not a day I tend to share with a Provider. I think of it as a day to share with a Special Someone, if possible.
Well, I guess that means no Platinum level GFE for me this Valentines day...

Now I have the sads.

Have Fun in the City Of Angels, Angelina Baby!
I am often on the road for VDay. It's become just another day because I can't normally spend it with that Special Someone. It's not a day I tend to share with a Provider. I think of it as a day to share with a Special Someone, if possible. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Charles, I agree. Well, in my case, I won't be spending it with someone special, just as I experienced the same fate with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have a scheduled over-nighter with a new client in Los Angeles, so hopefully he is polite and respectful.

Angelina
Well, I guess that means no Platinum level GFE for me this Valentines day...

Now I have the sads.

Have Fun in the City Of Angels, Angelina Baby!
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
Darn. Had no idea you wanted to spend V-Day with me, George.
Valentine's Day is lonely for me too...no one loves me! I think I'll buy some sand crabs to keep me company! (lol) Wow, De Beers...haven't had that in a few years!

George? Oh, oh...best two out of three?
Of course I did, baby. Shame on you for thinking differently. We'll meet-up soon enough though so no worries. have a safe and wonderful trip to LA, Ca.

Oh, have you met my ex-wife, Likinikki? I used to have sand crabs when she and I were married but she ate them! She's Asian so that's why I call her Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon. Likkinikki, Gimme Back My Dog!

But seriously, I hope that you two lovely ladies have an outstanding St. Valentines Day!
You too sugarplum...but, your mangy dog got run over by a reindeer...sorry. (teehee)
Well cool. Now I know what to get you this year for St. Valentines Day!
Angelina...hope you have a fantastic Valentine's Day! You're a beautiful lady and deserve the best! Now, if you find that lad that gives you De Beers diamonds...maybe you can pick out a small bling-bling for your new little buddy...me! (lol)
Valentine's Day to me is a "Hallmark Holiday", created by marketers so people would go spend more money. If you are truly in love, everyday should be Valentine's Day. I know that is a cliche and unrealistic, but being told to do something special for your love on a particular day is shallow.

Hope you have a nice day, Angelina.

Bill, Ted, Tom, er, well, hopefully you know my name.
I really detest this holiday, because its one sided. What I do all year should be more pertinent, but for some reason...valentines day is the D-day of most relationships in my age group.

I personally could care less what I get on this holiday as a man, Im not picky or materialistic and if I want it I will buy it. The things I want on valentines day are not attainable with money....or at least they shouldn't be on those day....im such a hypocrite as a hobbyist in that regard I guess lol.

Why buy roses....they will just wither away and die,

Our love is everlasting.

Why buy chocolates....they will just hinder your health.

I wanna love you forever!

Why buy cards,.....its not my thoughts......you can't put my feelings for you into mere words.

None of those situations ever worked.....but if you need a few alibis..........
Wow...didn't know that this would cause so much bitterness...sorry guys! Please keep in mind that it doesn't have to be all about being materialistic...marketing, blah, blah, blah. That's being a bit cynical. And, everyone has their own idea of what is meaningful...and we have to respect the differences. And, it's not being shallow if you consider that something comes from the heart.

Talk about being materialistic...what about all the gadgets you have...the cars or trucks, the man tools...and I bet you have more than one tv. Rather than looking at it like that...think about the fact that perhaps your SO gets pleasure out of putting a lot of heart and thought into doing something special for you to show you how much you're appreciated.

I agree, we SHOULD show our love...everyday...and I think many couples do. But, consider what would happen if we didn't stop to make time...one day, out of an entire year, to signify how special someone is. It would be taken for granted...and nothing would be special anymore.

I think most people who enjoy these types of holidays think and give from the heart. And, who says that everyone runs to the store and feel they have to buy something huge to prove their love? Sometimes, it's the little things that mean the most...like cooking a favorite dinner or just simply making a little extra time for one another, or doing something that you wouldn't necessarily do just to show you care.

And, so what, if a little card with a heart on it brings a tear to a woman's eyes. What if that card is still there the day that her lover passes...that card isn't just a piece of paper that may have cost $3...it's much more meaniful than that fellas...trust me.

And, btw...Valentine's day originated during the third century, AD...in a jail.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone...here's a huge *KISS* from me to you...and it didn't cost anything, but sure made me feel good giving it away!
You guys talk about being materialistic...what about all the gadgets you have...the cars or trucks, the man tools...and I bet you have more than one tv. Rather than looking at it like that...think about the fact that perhaps your SO gets pleasure out of putting a lot of heart and thought into doing something special for you to show you how much you're appreciated. Originally Posted by Likinikki
As I stated above, for me VDay is meant to be spent with my SO. We long ago stopped giving gifts, chocolates and flowers for many reasons. It is really hard for us to find TIME for us, so, when we can be together on VDay, we try to eat out and talk over a meal. Nothing fancy, just some time for us over a meal. So many years we can't do this because I'm out of town, it is a gift to be able to do so. We still exchange cards, but this has become our way of having intimate conversation on VDay. And this means a lot to the both of us.
Nikki, you're still getting a dog for Valentines Day....
because I care dammit, and it's from the heart!

Angelina, baby, I would have taken you out someplace nice to eat...like The Red Lobster, or something {giggles}...but it would have been an enchanting evening I can assure you.

Speaking of marketing, did you know that Santa Claus started out as an ad campaign from Coca Cola? St. Valentines Day and Santa Claus --both brilliant marketing campaigns.