Judge rules Odumbocare unconstitutional

Another Trump campaign pledge fulfilled without McCain or Flake's vote.

Judge rules Odumbocare unconstitutional

U.S. District Court Judge Reed O’Connor, a George W. Bush appointee in Fort Worth, Texas, issued the decision gutting the law in response to a lawsuit from 20 conservative-led states that sought to have the Affordable Care Act tossed out. They successfully argued that the mandate penalty was a critical linchpin of the law and that without it, the entire frameworks is rendered unconstitutional.
“In sum, the Individual Mandate ‘is so interwoven with [the ACA’s] regulations that they cannot be separated. None of them can stand,’” O’Connor wrote in his decision.

(Politico)
Really strange. Chief Justice Roberts declared the Mandate a tax so Congress could legally enforce it, making it the lynchpin that held the law together. Then the Mandate was abolished, making the law toothless.

Congress spent three years telling the public that the ACA contained no taxes, then Roberts takes it upon himself to say it was a tax, and bingo, the law stood.

Roberts should have never pulled that stunt.
Really strange. Chief Justice Roberts declared the Mandate a tax so Congress could legally enforce it, making it the lynchpin that held the law together. Then the Mandate was abolished, making the law toothless.

Congress spent three years telling the public that the ACA contained no taxes, then Roberts takes it upon himself to say it was a tax, and bingo, the law stood.

Roberts should have never pulled that stunt. Originally Posted by Jackie S
+1

"... the mandate penalty was a critical linchpin of the law and that without it, the entire frameworks is rendered unconstitutional."
It's a shame this ruling didn't occur before the mid-terms.
Well IB...the trump and his orange suckers had two years to fix health care. What did they do instead? Gave a big tax cut to the rich. And...fuk the middle class and get sucked off by their supports.

That kind of made since to me

Can you cut n paste a little more? Dang dude..get a life
Well IB...the trump and his orange suckers had two years to fix health care. What did they do instead? Gave a big tax cut to the rich. And...fuk the middle class and get sucked off by their supports.

That kind of made since to me

Can you cut n paste a little more? Dang dude..get a life
Originally Posted by Tsmokies
Odumbocare is FIXED! Send flowers if you are so inclined.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2018, 09:53 PM

Roberts should have never pulled that stunt. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Why? Roberts correctly stated exactly wtf it was....a tax.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Odumbocare is FIXED! Send flowers if you are so inclined. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
I would sunrise that this is not the last lawsuit concerning Obamacare.

This ruling will not be enforced until...well maybe never.
Why? Roberts correctly stated exactly wtf it was....a tax. Originally Posted by WTF
Per the Texas judge, recent congressional changes to Odumbocare effectively made what remains "un-Constitutional".
Another Trump campaign pledge fulfilled without McCain or Flake's vote.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
You don't even take the name of a former 2 term President serious. Why should anyone take your post or source serious. You spread conspiracy theories and fake news of a regular basis. You don't know your stuff
Let's hope when it gets to the Scotus THIS TIME< they rule properly...
Let's hope when it gets to the Scotus THIS TIME< they rule properly... Originally Posted by garhkal
Why wouldn't you want Americans with pre existing conditions to have access to Healthcare?
Why wouldn't you want Americans with pre existing conditions to have access to Healthcare? Originally Posted by themystic
Are you hijacking another thread?

But since you brought it up .....

..... would that be South Americans or Central Americans ... or both?

Originally Posted by I B Hankering
The "prognosis" for ObaminableCare was evident when all of the meaningful benefit markers were continually pushed off until AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION, because had they kicked in IMMEDIATELY to provide "ALL AMERICANS" with all this "special needs" assistance, then most of the voters (particularly those with jobs!) would be pissed and would have kicked out OBAMINABLE, PELOSI, and the rest of the LIBERAL HACKS who snuck it through Congress so the SECRETARY OF "HUMAN SERVICES" (AKA "the Secretary" in the ACA) could start LEGISLATING by AGENCY REGULATION. If those people with "pre-existing" conditions would go get a job they'd be covered.

And they would have been covered without ObaminableCare, just like they are NOW!
Are you hijacking another thread?

But since you brought it up .....

..... would that be South Americans or Central Americans ... or both? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Once again you don't know your stuff but great question. The ACA in an American Health Care plan. Making insurance available for those with pre existing conditions is a major part of the plan. There is a lot of information on the internet about this. Since you don't know, the South and Central Americans aren't part of this legislation. Just to clarify, the United States is in North America
Once again you don't know your stuff .... Originally Posted by themystic
... and once again you make personal insults with impunity!