Dove season opening Sep. 1

Any dove hunters out there? I so love dove season in 100 degree Texas heat, an overheated 12 gauge Browning in my hands, and a couple of cold beers in my bird vest...It smells like, VICTORY.
Ya boy or a camelbak full of crown redbull and sprite knocks ya down but keeps ya goin
Oh yea can't wait. Kick off to Hunting season. Will be out there on Monday. Going to have a big skeet shoot Sunday afternoon and take some buddies money.
Prefer upland bird hunts. Nothing like watching #7 shot bounce off the ass of a big old chukar and seeing it's bare pink hiney as it flies off.
Bird!!!!........BANG
Season? Oh, ok.... I'll wait. Not
  • motor
  • 08-28-2014, 06:49 PM
if it flies it dies
Ya know what I like about Provider Season? It's ALL YEAR LONG.
On the hunt...for some new strange pussy...mmmmm
Best time of the year. Dove then deer.
Best time of the year. Dove then deer. Originally Posted by mydallas1
Yep my favorite time of year. Archery season starts on the 27th. Cant get here soon enough.
Is it Monday yet?!...Quail hunting and pheasant hunting are mostly about reactionary shooting and there is definitely an adrenaline rush in hunting them, but dove hunting is the funnest in my opinion. More challenging shots, longer shots, change of direction by those tricky feathered bastards.

Bird!....BANG....Lmao OG
i used to love hunting but after some news today about my sister in law and a former pet i left with my aunt when i moved back to texas i pass this time. my sister in law ans breast cancer and my pet of 2 years passed in june i just cant hunt right now
I'm sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and the loss of your pet, skirtchaser. I hope things go well for your SIL.
Quail hunting and pheasant hunting are mostly about reactionary shooting and there is definitely an adrenaline rush in hunting them, but dove hunting is the funnest in my opinion. More challenging shots, longer shots, change of direction by those tricky feathered bastards. Originally Posted by ManSlut
Dove are definitely trickier little bastards. But I hate the meat no matter how much bacon you wrap it in. Quail however....baste in garlic butter and slow roast. Yuuuuuuuuuuum!
Agree 100% Hercules