Texting on the way to an appt.

So your on your way to an appt. and you need to communicate with the one your on the way to see. So you call them and they don't answer your call but they text you right back. OMG SERIOYSLY!!!

This has happened to me more than once.
Doesn't it seem reasonable that a provider, knowing you are on the way, would answer the phone, or call you right back instead of texting.
Seems like she was getting ready!

WELCOME TO ANTI SOCIAL AMERICA
So your on your way to an appt. and you need to communicate with the one your on the way to see. So you call them and they don't answer your call but they text you right back. OMG SERIOYSLY!!!

Doesn't it seem reasonable that a provider, knowing you are on the way, would answer the phone, or call you right back instead of texting. Originally Posted by luvsblonds
Google Voice not tied to a phone number maybe? Texting may be her only way of using the number.

Before you say you Have to have a number..... you only have to have it long enough to activate the Google Voice number..... I have 57 GV numbers that no longer ring to a phone.... But they all work fine for texting..... and voice mail....

Doesn't it seem reasonable that a provider, knowing you are on the way, would answer the phone, or call you right back instead of texting. Originally Posted by luvsblonds

could be her Pimp your really texting??
Personally, sometimes I sometimes forget to turn the volume on either in the morning or after an appt. I prefer to text first and if the guy wants he can call me back.
I have a legit reason for why I don't like to call guys, it's because I have in the past and ended up with a wife answering the phone. And all kinds of questions.
I normally only return texts, not calls unless I've already met the guy and know it's safe to call them.
I don't do it to be rude, but it's just my way of handling things. But usually if I've got an appt I will answer the call.
Personally, I hate talking on the phone, and rarely ever do. I even text my own sister, I don't talk on the phone, or else we get together and chat.

So, I rarely answer and prefer texting, but that is just me and my communication style.

Likely your lady was getting ready when you phoned, maybe her makeup or in the shower, etc. Time before appointments is precious getting-ready time, and every minute counts.

If the lady texted you right back, I don't see what the issue is.

Unless you just like to talk on the phone, because that is your communication style, which is fine too. Just that some of us prefer to talk and some prefer to text.
maybe she texted instead of calling because the maid was standing outside the door of her incall, and she would rather not be overheard speaking an invitation on the phone? could it bee?

Likely your lady was getting ready when you phoned, maybe her makeup or in the shower, etc. Time before appointments is precious getting-ready time, and every minute counts.

If the lady texted you right back, I don't see what the issue is.

Unless you just like to talk on the phone... Originally Posted by crystalkitty
Well, I accept that some people dislike talking on the phone and all of that, however, in the example given above, this phone call was being made en route to a meeting.

Meaning: he's driving! The two don't exactly work very well together.

Typically, these sort of calls involve some clarification to their location, or any number of things related to getting to that meeting on-time. Often times, a simple one minute conversation will rectify the matter as opposed to a 35 minute ping-ponging of text-messages while driving.

I can certainly understand just how frustrating it can become because all the while we're messaging, I'm thinking just how fuct a form of communication text messaging actually is.. and in situations like this, it is absolutely fuct.

You know the caller is on his way, chances are he kinda needs to talk to you. 9 times out of 10 it has to do with directions or whatever.

But by all means. Don't answer the phone. Continue text messaging. That's always good.

Just don't be upset if he's late because what could have been taken care of in a quick phone conversation, instead, has an extremely frustrated, late-arriving client knocking at your door because he was busy driving and playing text message ping-pong for the last half-hour. lmao! ijs...

Well, I accept that some people dislike talking on the phone and all of that, however, in the example given above, this phone call was being made en route to a meeting.

Meaning: he's driving! The two don't exactly work very well together.

Typically, these sort of calls involve some clarification to their location, or any number of things related to getting to that meeting on-time. Often times, a simple one minute conversation will rectify the matter as opposed to a 35 minute ping-ponging of text-messages while driving.

I can certainly understand just how frustrating it can become because all the while we're messaging, I'm thinking just how fuct a form of communication text messaging actually is.. and in situations like this, it is absolutely fuct.

You know the caller is on his way, chances are he kinda needs to talk to you. 9 times out of 10 it has to do with directions or whatever.

But by all means. Don't answer the phone. Continue text messaging. That's always good.

Just don't be upset if he's late because what could have been taken care of in a quick phone conversation, instead, has an extremely frustrated, late-arriving client knocking at your door because he was busy driving and playing text message ping-pong for the last half-hour. lmao! ijs...

Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
+1 makes sense

Bad TCB
I can't imagine what some of you gents have been through!
I know unless your a reg or I have seen you a few times I dont feel comfortable really talking on phone, not to mention like what was already said we have to get ready and for girls thats not easy, try putting eye liner on or curling your hair while trying to answer and talk on phone, as long as you get to the session and eveythings good, shouldnt really be an issue.
I make sure I have the address before I leave and google it if I'm uncertain where to go. If she won't give me the address an hour before the time (it takes at least 45 min to cross Austin at rush hour, I'll find someone who will). If I really need to talk to her, my earbud and hands free both work fine with text-to-speech. My eyes stay on the road. No appointment is worth my or anyone else's life. People who text and drive are basically operating a machine with more kinetic energy than a shotgun while ignoring where they're aiming it. When they kill some one's kid, I hope it's worth it.
I actually want to agree, a few months before I left I had a guy coming to my house and he was texting me and winded up getting into an accident and I felt horrible. If your on your way some where you should already have addy and not just wonderessless driving around, (ummm gas is expensive lol) When you get to my house or where ever I always text the apt number or hotel room and usually meet you at the door, once I get a look at you and all to see what your driving and that your not looking around suspiciously or talking into your shirt lol I will call you, be again unless I have seen you before and know your safe to talk on phone with I too rather work through texts. Matter of fact I have had a few guys that will only go through pms the whole time from his phone and wont text or call, thats what he feels safe with so I accept that and respect that and work with him to get him to where he needs to be which is in my bed pants down and cock up
Thanck you Shala84, you pretty much prove my point. So you were texting a guy while he was on his way over to meet you and wadded up his rig in an accidentally?
Point:text messaging while driving is dangerous and stupid.

What, did he not have your address?

And just out of curiosity, how exactly is text messaging any safer for you as a provider than conversing on the phone in an actual conversation?

Please. I am genuinely interested in hearing the reasoning behind this logic.

See some people don't fucking get it, but sofa king gets it!!!!
Ohh and Annika pm me when you get to Texas please I mean austin