MEMORIAL DAY- All gave some, Some gave ALL! Thank you!

Thank you to everyone past and present who have served so that WE CAN REMAIN FREE!!!
LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!
Agreed! Remember the fallen.
You're welcome.
I'm going to be that guy and remind everyone that the purpose of Memorial Day is to remember the men and women who died in service. Some may disagree, but I think using the day to recognize living veterans does a disservice to those who paid the highest price.
Indeed: Land of the Free, because of the Brave.

To all who stood ready to pay the highest price:
HONOR and THANKS BEYOND MEASURE

Some ideas for honoring Memorial Day:

Five minutes standing in silence, twice today.

Murphy, scaled and divded as needed. (link)

Visit a memorial at the capital or the stadium.
I'm going to be that guy and remind everyone that the purpose of Memorial Day is to remember the men and women who died in service. Some may disagree, but I think using the day to recognize living veterans does a disservice to those who paid the highest price. Originally Posted by CatPee
I agree catpee there is a day for those who served and are still living its called Veteran's Day.
I'm going to be that guy and remind everyone that the purpose of Memorial Day is to remember the men and women who died in service. Some may disagree, but I think using the day to recognize living veterans does a disservice to those who paid the highest price. Originally Posted by CatPee

In addition, the actual Memorial Day is May 30th. It's now been changed to be the last Monday of May (just to give the working a three day weekend). If there was a discredit, this would be it.

Veterans Day is November 11
Indeed: Land of the Free, because of the Brave.

To all who stood ready to pay the highest price:
HONOR and THANKS BEYOND MEASURE

Some ideas for honoring Memorial Day:

Five minutes standing in silence, twice today.

Murphy, scaled and divded as needed. (link)

Visit a memorial at the capital or the stadium. Originally Posted by johnnytx39

When I get home @ 2,
I am taking my kids to put flowers on soldiers graves at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.

To remind them that because of these brave men and women, who risked their lives, we are FREE!

I encourage anyone who has children to teach them the meaning of Memorial Day.