Retired Provider Pics - OK to Post?

I just learned that there is at least one website that archives old websites and that just about any provider's website and her pics are retrievable. Can you imagine that?

Also, many hobbyists download pics of providers and could post them anytime. But all of this begs the question: Should hobbyists ever post the photos (especially face pics) of a retired provider?

I say no. Retired ladies should be given complete privacy and anonymity. There is no reason to post pics.

Anyone differ? If so tell us why.
For once we are in complete agreement.

I don't even download pics. It's part of the firewall I keep between RL and the hobby. I may surf, but history and all that gets erased when I close the browser. Keeping pics would be damn near suicidal.

And if anyone--provider and hobbyist alike--wants to retire and leave the life behind, it should be respected.

Any posting of such pics might subject the perpetrator to being banned under the "outing" rule, IMHO.
++++1

I don't even download pics.. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
So they are just for one time use???

Back the the original post...if you are referring to a site that was recently discussed here...

I agree that you'll be hard pressed to have anyone agree that is acceptable or "right" to post someone's images without permission and/or authorization.

But the issue is more than right or wrong; legal or illegal...

It is more about (what seems to have been discussed here and on ASPD to what I thought was exhaustion) pragmatically: what do you do? The answer is very little is actually productive.

And Charles, these guys don't care about being banned here.
Most definitely! The retired provider should never have to worry about her pics and ads still being up. I would like the web addy to the site you are speaking of. Would you mind sharing? You may pm it to me if you wish.
http://www.archive.org/ is the most well know site.

There is a script you can put on your site that will (they claim) preclude their saving your site.
Back the the original post...if you are referring to a site that was recently discussed here...

I agree that you'll be hard pressed to have anyone agree that is acceptable or "right" to post someone's images without permission and/or authorization.

But the issue is more than right or wrong; legal or illegal... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I'm not sure what site was discussed here but it's the one in terbul's post.

You would be wrong to think that no one would urge that it is acceptable behavior. That's why I started this thread to check my sanity. Some gents, and I use that term only to indicate their gender, seem to think that once a pic is on the web, it's fair game since anyone can retrieve it.

Although this may be technically true, the reality is that the longer a pic remains dormant the less likely that anyone will re-post it to the detriment of a retired provider.

And the reality is that there is nothing you can do but hope that some hobbyist will read a thread like this and learn from it.

I now know that on at least one point of hobby decorum I'm on the correct side.

Thanks,

Awl4knot