2016 Texas Longhorns football

Tonight was the best crowd and the best home game in the Charlie Strong era. And probably since 2009 when McCoy graduated. I'm so proud the way we came back! Buechel looked great. If Hurt wouldn't of dropped that 1st wide open bomb we might not of been in OT. The 18 wheeler package is as effective as ever! Great great start. I think we will have Coach Strong now for the next 10 years.
It was an awesome game the 2 quaterbacks working together is a great choice. The last few minutes before OT was shocking I was sure we lost it there but that call saved us. OT kept me on the edge of my seat. Im so proud of the team and cant wait to see how they perform the rest of the season.
Giving up 47 pts isnt exactly improving. Granted it was fun to watch but they cant just hope to outscore everyone.
What a game! For those that know the history of Texas vs ND, this was especially satisfying. Strong has recruited some good athletes but this is the first time we've had on OC that can put them in a position to showcase their skills. Buechele has the athleticism and quick reading ability to run that "Veer and Shoot" offense and he is only going to get better. Up at 5am for work Monday, only slept a few hours b/c pumped full of adrenaline but I'll take it. It's also fun to think that in Norman, Ok. Bob Stoopes now has an ulcer and diarrhea. Hook'em!
Giving up 47 pts isnt exactly improving. Granted it was fun to watch but they cant just hope to outscore everyone. Originally Posted by Congratulations
Well, teknickally, e'ery time yew win, yew've outscored yer oppon'nt. Thet's how 'rithmahtic werks.

Now if'n yer gittin' inta shootin' matches e'ery game, yer are gonna git shot full holes ee-vent-shoe-ah-lee.
Giving up 47 pts isnt exactly improving. Granted it was fun to watch but they cant just hope to outscore everyone. Originally Posted by Congratulations
You do realize Texas was unranked and ND was #10. When you upset the #10 team in the country, I don't care how many points you give up. They got the W is all that matters. Texas had never beaten ND (0-4) in Austin. This victory was huge.
An' givin' up 47 points mite not seem 'mpressive but tha #10 rank'dt team in tha nayshun, tha Fidgetin' Eye-rich, gave up 50 points! Bet ol' Kanoe-oote Romney is a-spinnin' in his Eye-rich tater filledt grave!
Its good that people are excited but Texas fans are like Cowboy fan boys. Get all for them and give unrealistic expectations and when they fall everyone will be like "Fire Strong" Everyone needs to pump the breaks until we see them play more games.
either of the scores (47 or 50) should be the total in a decent game, but both?
It appears they just took turns letting each have the ball , run to the other end, then take their turn and run to the other end.. Defense must have forgotten there was a game.. either that or it was a weak basketball score
It was the 1st top 10 team we beat at home in 10 years or something. I just saw the new polls and we are ranked #11. I sure hope we stomp the crap out of UTEP Saturday night. I'll be there!
And we better hold UTEP down to a respectable score.
look at the coaches poll. thats more realistic.
It was the 1st top 10 team we beat at home in 10 years or something. I just saw the new polls and we are ranked #11. I sure hope we stomp the crap out of UTEP Saturday night. I'll be there!
And we better hold UTEP down to a respectable score. Originally Posted by derek303
Texas have so many playmakers on offense and a QB who can actually complete a pass. They should drop at least 40 points every week on their opponent. I want to see a 4 WR set with John Burt and 6'6" Collin Johnson out wide and Jerrod Heard and Devin Duvernay in the slot. That would be tough for any defense to defend all that speed.

I'm impressed that the o-line did not give up a sack. I think we will see a lot of the stud true freshman play this week.
The game was amazing and we do not win without Buechele. His play elevated this team. Buechele was even a leader on the sidelines cheering when Swoopes was in the game.

Something Charlie Strong does that goes unnoticed is the amount of players he gets involved. How many different players names were called? Swoopes, Buechele, Foreman, Warren, etc. The chemistry was much better vs ND.

I think we have to clean up a few things though. They need to correct mistakes like bad snaps and running out of the end zone. The defensive line needs to generate pressure when we aren't blitzing.

We need to blow out UTEP and I think we can beat Cal. Pass me more kool-aid.
Just walked in from the 41-7 victory over UTEP. Buechelle looks fantastic!
UT stays ranked # 11.