What would soldiers say if they could speak their minds?

Even though many of the vids have a private going against an NCO, this "I wish I could do this" is a sentiment that's felt among every level. The issues complained about here are issues infantry soldiers have to deal with at garrison.

A soldier asks why they're still staring at each other when they could be released to be sent home instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsWZUurbC4

An NCO touches up on how some soldiers make a mountain out of an anthill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-Er...eature=related

Language barrier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOzK2...eature=related
I think this is just the norm of how it is. A person ALWAYS wishes he or she could just say it to a superior, whether it is the military or civilian world. Probably starts in childhood when you have to listen to your parents, even if it made no sense, you still had to do whatever they said and how they said to do it.
A person ALWAYS wishes he or she could just say it to a superior, whether it is the military or civilian world. Originally Posted by Chellablaine
Definitely agree there! As far as the military goes, I have considerable experience on being both a junior and senior ranking member. When I was lower ranking, I sure thought some of my bosses were dumber than a box of rocks with many of their decisions, which appeared to make no sense to me. When I became one of those bosses, I found out there's often a lot more to the story that junior members don't (and sometimes can't) know which impacts your decisions.

And of course there are some boxes of rocks that just need a good attitude adjustment - LOL!
The original post's intent was to show a sample of the sentiment among many in the infantry. It's not to deny that this is something that happens elsewhere. Considering that I'm in the military, and these videos have something to do with the military, I put them together and focused the post that way. The first video, where the private refuses to do what he's supposed to do, isn't something that'll happen at a real unit... he'd get smoked.

But, these videos are constructive ways for a junior enlisted soldiers to vent their frustrations... or release stress.

A thing about the infantry through, many honest to God do stupid things. Why do soldiers spend many times at garrison staring at each other? Way too many start the day drinking, not enough know how to spend their times constructively. There are other reasons as well. There are many times when stupid orders get issued... I've had to stand up against these types of orders (Violated laws/regulations). I could see if it were a life and death situation, but when things are calm, and you're trying to cut corners, etc, one has to stand up. Failure to do so led to Mai lae (sp) and Abu Ghrab (sp).

Definitely no purpose, or bigger picture, to forming human pyramids, forcing prisoners to wear panties on their heads, etc.