In Re: Le Po-Po

Today I had an incident where the someone was pounding on the door. Looking out the window, I saw what I thought to be five police officers. I resolved that if they wanted me, they would have to come get me. There was no way that I was going to answer that door.

Now, fortunately, it ended up just being the fire department coming to do a safety inspection. But it got me to thinking, what do you do if the cops arrive? Do you have to answer the door? Have any of you had to deal with this?

Kiera- PM me and I'll be glad to help you with this.
They need a warrant to come in. If your name is on the lease, it's your home, even it's your hobby incall and all you have is a bed along with a few towels. They can knock all they want but if you don't answer, they can't enter w/o that warrant. If they have something on you where they come knocking, they probably have the warrant but if they don't, no enter.

They see a client go in, they technically can't do anything w/o that warrant. Yall are just two friends fucking as far as you are concerned.

Where they might try to get you is to set up a sting where one of the cops acts as a client. Try to set up the appt and hope you don't screen properly. Once you let that undercover cop in, it's just a matter of time before they do something to get ya.
I think you took the right approach. If they have the right to come in, nothing you do is going to stop it. If they don't have the right to come in, I wouldn't put it past them to come in anyway, but nothing you do is going to stop it.

Given that the justice system is merely a tool against the little people, now more than ever - staying on the down low is the rule of thumb.
"They can knock all they want but if you don't answer, they can't enter w/o that warrant."
"If they have the right to come in, nothing you do is going to stop it"
Don't open the door....As stated if they have a warrant they will enter anyway.. No warrant --> No problem, as long as you do not open the door...
Roger that. What if your name isn't on the lease?
Roger that. What if your name isn't on the lease? Originally Posted by Kiera
??? <- Cops would not be there checking lease agreements... IJS
If its not your place you may not legally be able to object to a search. But using that same logic I don't think you can consent to one either......

So why bother answering a question you couldn't possibly answer either way? Just don't answer the door.
They can legally come in if the Landlord lets them in. I would not answer the door. I would just casually turn up the TV real lout and them bust the door down if they must. You can say you didn't hear them.
I had a cop knocking on our motel door down at the coast once, we were partying after a concert. I knew he just wanted us to quiet down. We we would've went to jail cuz the room wreaked of a indentifiable certain smoke that is only legal in Co and CA. So we killed
the lights stayed quiet didn't answer the door. Eventually he left. Very close call.
Glad it was the fire dept. stay safe
From what I have heard and some providers can confirm but as stated before don't answer the door but the only way they can come in is if they have a warrant or probable cause like smell smoke or some illegal drugs. Hotels they don't need warrants but they still need permission from the owner/manager to enter. The safe bet would to continue being as discreet as possible and try not to have a lot of traffic coming in and out daily. 2, 3 4, maybe even 5 but that would be pushing it if your neighbors suspect something. Just my 2 cents. Be safe.
You must have set the room on fire! It could have been one of your fantasies in which firemen trying to put your fire out!