A special thanks to friends

• motor
  • 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Let me start out by saying that I know this is a hobby and should always be treated as such. But sometimes you can get in a little too deep too fast. I have been dealing with an emotional issue that I all by my little lonesome self has created. You see, I fell, harder and faster than I ever have in my life for someone. I am still trying to figure out what, how, when it all happened but needless to say it did. I have got it bad, not being able to eat, work suffering, you know all the "drama" that is self created. Anyway, I want to thank some people on here I would consider friends in the true sense of the meaning. These are the ones that called me to make sure I was ok, the ones who took time out of thier day just to send a text. The ones that could have easly said "man that dude is fucked glad I aint him" For that I am grateful to TEXASS and CANDO and will always have thier back. And for Hotlips, what can I say except your a very special woman to let a hobbist call and boohoo to ya. Now lastly, to the lady I have "upset". I am truley sorry for what has happened. You by no means deserved this to happen to you.
In time I hope things can be different. You did absolutely nothing wrong.

motorload
I can understand how this would happen, without trying. It seems like one of those pitfalls that can happen on either side of this hobby. I personally try to form emotional connections with the ladies on some level, because it vastly improves the experience for me. Drawing "the line to not cross" in your mind is easy, but the heart sometimes doesn't listen. It's never happened to me personally, but I can empathise.

Time. Time usually heals these things. Not completely, but enough to move on.
  • motor
  • 04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
I can understand how this would happen, without trying. It seems like one of those pitfalls that can happen on either side of this hobby. I personally try to form emotional connections with the ladies on some level, because it vastly improves the experience for me. Drawing "the line to not cross" in your mind is easy, but the heart sometimes doesn't listen. It's never happened to me personally, but I can empathise.

Time. Time usually heals these things. Not completely, but enough to move on. Originally Posted by true_whatever
yea, kinda like drawing a line in the sand near the surf.
Lets hope it doesn't take more time than I have.
  • T-Can
  • 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey motor buddy, like I told you, you are one of the good guys and consider you a friend and I care about ya.......(man love, haha)

And I've been in your shoes and know what it feels like - it f*cking sucks! Time will heal....I don't think you upset anyone because you know, as well as everyone involved, that we can't help what our heart wants and you were having a tough time anyway - led to confusion. The lady in question is a great gal.....hell, I think that I could have fallen for her too but didn't want to fight you, haha!

I'm here for ya and you should seriously think about stepping out with us tonight.........good times will be had
Awww honey that's so very sweet of you. No need to thank me. I was only doing what friends do. And you sir, are a true friend.

Meg
  • motor
  • 04-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Quoted By Cando
"The lady in question is a great gal.....hell, I think that I could have fallen for her too but didn't want to fight you, haha!

I'm here for ya and you should seriously think about stepping out with us tonight.........good times will be had"

See, thats how I got into this perdicament....Ima lover not fighter
I will be there, just might be what I need.
Motorload -

I told you would be OK. Just remember if I'm not here for you, I'm there for you.
We love you, buddy!
  • motor
  • 04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
We love you, buddy! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Motorload -

I told you would be OK. Just remember if I'm not here for you, I'm there for you. Originally Posted by ajax2u
thanks ajax and lana, also, to everyone who has read this and not bashed the hell outta me....thanks
Ahh Motor, you ARE one of the good guys. It could have happened to anyone of us. No big deal, nobody is down on you. We just all want to lift you up and help you get on down the hobby road. I told you I was here for you anytime you needed me, don't you ever forget that!

CanDo, I think tonight is gonna be EPIC. I hope you're bringing your Wingman A Game!!!

Oh, and anyone who wants to bash away go right ahead. Just know you'll have to deal with me personally. LOL
Oh, and anyone who wants to bash away go right ahead. Just know you'll have to deal with me personally. LOL Originally Posted by TexAss
And me!
  • fawn
  • 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Hang in there baby, and how could anyone bash you for showing you have a heart.....I hope things get easier for you in time.....
Oh, and anyone who wants to bash away go right ahead. Just know you'll have to deal with me personally. LOL Originally Posted by TexAss
And don't forget me!!!
Hang in there baby, and how could anyone bash you for showing you have a heart.....I hope things get easier for you in time..... Originally Posted by fawn
motorload, i was going to say something similar to what fawn said.

that you fell, that you recognized you fell, that you felt strong emotions after recognizing you fell, that you openly told us about it....

to me, all those show you are a human, with a heart, with compassion, with feelings, with a brain, with foibles. it's happened to the best and the worst of us.

it happened to me the first year i entered the indy world. i didnt have a support crew like you did, but a great provider let me come over to her place, listen to my story, wiped my tears, and compassionately told me "get over it!"" and nary a mention of any consulting fees for the hour i spent going thru that w/ her. i had planned on paying a fee, but when she refused, i gave her a $100 target gift card for her time.

wrt that line, it might be in sand, in the swamp, in the air, or in your mind, but just remember IT IS THERE AND WILL NOT GO AWAY!! that's the lesson i learned almost 10 yrs ago.

there a few women i know now that i could possibly see falling for, but i remind myself of the line. i can stand beside on her side of the line, but it's still there, no matter how much i wish it werent.

so, have your pangs, your tears, your gut-wrenching episodes. but, pls do yourself a favor - pick yourself up, look in the mirror and thank yourself for being a human with feelings. then take it easy, one day at a time, and eventually you'll be able to go back and consult w/ some of the finest women in the world here in the dfw area. just remember the line when you're having a deliteful time!!!
  • motor
  • 04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
motorload, i was going to say something similar to what fawn said.

that you fell, that you recognized you fell, that you felt strong emotions after recognizing you fell, that you openly told us about it....

to me, all those show you are a human, with a heart, with compassion, with feelings, with a brain, with foibles. it's happened to the best and the worst of us.

it happened to me the first year i entered the indy world. i didnt have a support crew like you did, but a great provider let me come over to her place, listen to my story, wiped my tears, and compassionately told me "get over it!"" and nary a mention of any consulting fees for the hour i spent going thru that w/ her. i had planned on paying a fee, but when she refused, i gave her a $100 target gift card for her time.

wrt that line, it might be in sand, in the swamp, in the air, or in your mind, but just remember IT IS THERE AND WILL NOT GO AWAY!! that's the lesson i learned almost 10 yrs ago.

there a few women i know now that i could possibly see falling for, but i remind myself of the line. i can stand beside on her side of the line, but it's still there, no matter how much i wish it werent.

so, have your pangs, your tears, your gut-wrenching episodes. but, pls do yourself a favor - pick yourself up, look in the mirror and thank yourself for being a human with feelings. then take it easy, one day at a time, and eventually you'll be able to go back and consult w/ some of the finest women in the world here in the dfw area. just remember the line when you're having a deliteful time!!! Originally Posted by pmdelites
PM, thank you I am beginning to see that this is not virgin territory when it comes to the affairs of the heart, While i will keep that line as close as possible,