what band will you be seeing?

I guess Austin lives up to its name! What bands will you be seeing in the near future?
I might attend the Summer Slaughter tour.
Current tickets: CSN, Tull
  • Toyz
  • 07-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Just saw Kiss/Def Leppard. Got tix for Tull. Getting Satana tix Fri when they go on sale. Then taking a week to go to San Francisco for the outterlands festival with Tom Petty as the headliner.
Saw Neon Trees fairly recently at Stubbs. Great concert. Have tickets to One Republic in August. May get tickets to blues legend Keb Mo at Stubbs in late August.
I have lived in Austin for about ten years now and have never been to any concerts. I've never been to any clubs downtown; not even stubbs. Be interesting to go one day. Hope you all have fun.
I go out twice weekly to see local bands mainly and go out to see big touring acts rarely. Last was devo, are we not men? We are DEVO
Getting Satana tix Fri when they go on sale. Originally Posted by Toyz
Is this for the show in San Antonio?
  • Toyz
  • 07-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Is this for the show in San Antonio? Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Yeah at the new place. Weren't many tkts left when I got mine. Small venue like moody it seems. McCartney is playing their also but tkts gone for that one.
  • Toyz
  • 07-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah at the new place. Weren't many tkts left when I got mine. Small venue like moody it seems. McCartney is playing their also but tkts gone for that one. Originally Posted by Toyz

Announced yesterday (after I bought San Antonio tickets) that he will be playing at ACL that next Saturday! But I have found ACL website lock down in the past when its a popular artist and sell out before I could get them.

One person says for the really good shows, he shows up AT the ACL box office the friday tkts go on sale...and always gets tkts. This one will go fast here...

Oh well, I wanted to check out that new venue anyway...

http://acl-live.com/calendar/santana
I have lived in Austin for about ten years now and have never been to any concerts. I've never been to any clubs downtown; not even stubbs. Be interesting to go one day. Hope you all have fun. Originally Posted by Victoria Columbari
I'm with you on this activity. Too damn much traffic, mediocre crowd management, Stupid prices. For most the the acts that come to town, I wouldn't put up with the hassle and expense even if they were playing in my living room. Been in Austin too long, seen too many good bands/acts to put up with the "cattle herding" everyone seems to accept as normal.
ah, as they say.. "The good ol' days".
  • Toyz
  • 07-19-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm with you on this activity. Too damn much traffic, mediocre crowd management, Stupid prices. For most the the acts that come to town, I wouldn't put up with the hassle and expense even if they were playing in my living room. Been in Austin too long, seen too many good bands/acts to put up with the "cattle herding" everyone seems to accept as normal.
ah, as they say.. "The good ol' days". Originally Posted by nuglet
I thought the thread was asking "who are you going to see" not "why I don't go see anyone".

Just busting your balls nuglet. And I see a lot of local talent too, have been to see Bob Schneider honestly more times than I can count...

Its great to see an up and comer with 30 other select few...but its also fun to celebrate a rock legend (IMO) with 30K others...we only live for a short time, and there is only so many times you can watch TV on your couch and consider it a fulfilling evening...
Jack Burton Trio (funk) Monday at 1:1, then Scissormen + Alien Knife Fight Thurs (different rock) at the Gypsy, then Frank Mustard Project at Maria's Late Night (that particular late show slot is being eliminated, unfortunately.)

Living in this town and not enjoying the music menu is like living on the coast but not eating seafood, so Victoria Columbari -- bless your heart.
Jack Burton Trio (funk) Monday at 1:1, then Scissormen + Alien Knife Fight Thurs (different rock) at the Gypsy, then Frank Mustard Project at Maria's Late Night (that particular late show slot is being eliminated, unfortunately.)

Living in this town and not enjoying the music menu is like living on the coast but not eating seafood, so Victoria Columbari -- bless your heart. Originally Posted by TravelingTex
Ironic you use that analogy, since I already commented about NOT going to over crowded events for a 2nd class experience.. I was a professional diver/ u/w photographer for Nat Geo for several years.. That required going to a lot of small islands and distant coast lines for jobs... and I HATE seafood. fried shrimp, a good lobster is the extent of my "water inhabitant" consumption, and Caribbean lobster is really 3rd class. So, Living on the coast and not eating seafood is as unusual as one would think.. LOL I always packed Beanie Weinies and Baby Ruth candy bars for those nights that everyone wanted "fresh seafood".. that way I could join the group, but not have to eat fish, octo, eel, etc. I'm not disagreeing with you at all, just saying there's another side to the story.. But now... there's a pizza place on even the smallest of islands.. so problem solved.
I thought the thread was asking "who are you going to see" not "why I don't go see anyone".
Originally Posted by Toyz
Or something completely off-topic about islands cuisine...bless your heart.
Bat Fest lineup looks pretty awesome