State Fair Food!!! 🍕🍭🍦🌽

Oh my gosh guys it is my favorite time of year!!! I am coming back next week JUST to be a fat ass😂 Am I the only person that gets excited about these deep-fried nutritionally irresponsible fair fare?? Lol
yeah talk about heart attack food. But who doesnt love some churros and some fried ice cream and funnel cakes!! Delisssshhh��
I'm going to eat healthy this year. I'm having a Turkey Leg BEFORE I eat my funnel cake and deep fried Oreos! LOL .
Will they have the chicken fried lobster this year they had in 2015?

This is a news article from 2015

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/2015...con-margarita/

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ente...n-a-few-hours/
I love the food. But I always end up walking so much I need to search for those coin-operated foot massagers they have up by the auto show.
I wish there were more vegetarian options at the State Fair but apart from that, love love fried foods and sweets!
I guess fried food is the easiest thing to make.

They can't set up a real kitchen and they also need to make food that can be quickly served in large amount.

Fried is the faster option.
I guess fried food is the easiest thing to make.

They can't set up a real kitchen and they also need to make food that can be quickly served in large amount.

Fried is the faster option. Originally Posted by CG2014
Great point CG and plus, fried food tastes good! People want to let go and treat themselves when they're out having fun with their friends...not eat salads and baked chicken! All that walking around in the fair helps build up an appetite too!

Consuming fat and sugar makes people feel good and the food vendors at the fair know that.
I luv chicken on a stick. And cotten candy...yummmm
Frying requires very little prep time.

You can take anything edible, dip it in batter, and throw it into a pot of hot oil.
When is the State Fair? Hopefully it'll coincide with my visit. The Louisiana State Fair will be going on while I'm in Shreveport. That would be neat if I can catch the one in Texas too.
When is the State Fair? Hopefully it'll coincide with my visit. The Louisiana State Fair will be going on while I'm in Shreveport. That would be neat if I can catch the one in Texas too. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
It's going on now. I think until the 23rd. I'm going again on Friday!
Do they have any smoked gobble gobble legs this year?
Do they have any smoked gobble gobble legs this year? Originally Posted by CG2014
Lol!
They always have those. Never been a big fan myself, but they make them look real good. They have those cooking on a large grill. Smells amazing.
Do they have any smoked gobble gobble legs this year? Originally Posted by CG2014
Lol!
They always have those. Never been a big fan myself, but they make them look real good. They have those cooking on a large grill. Smells amazing. Originally Posted by Richardtx
Thanks!

That's good to know.

That's the only part of the turkey I like.

On Thanksgiving when I go to my relatives or friends house,

I try to claim a whole turkey leg before the whole bird is carved into slices and shredded pieces.

I don't like the slices of turkey breasts.

Even with gravy on it, I find it dry and stringy.