Soul Train: A simpler place and time

No matter what you're going through this is guaranteed to make you smile.

Thanks Don

RIP Don
I had better things to do when I was a kid than to watch Soul Train.
Yea.... ^^^^^

I did not watch TV.... Too much shit to check out in tha' world
I had better things to do when I was a kid than to watch Soul Train. Originally Posted by pyramider
I wish I could say the same ;-)
When Soul Train came on.....that meant Saturday morning cartoons were over and time to go outside to do some real shit.....
lol - judging by the responses thus far (thus far) sounds like this could be based on racial experience.

I learned some dances moves from watching re-runs of this show and then applied them at dance competitions.
lol - judging by the responses thus far (thus far) sounds like this could be based on racial experience. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

I don't think it's racial....just not my thing at that age in life....my older sister watched it religiously every weekend.....

Plus.....they didn't even use glow sticks....smh
Every saturday at 11 am me and my siblings were GLUED to that tv!

Waiting on the soul train line, and the asian lady with the long hair!!!! Thx 4 posting!

lol - judging by the responses thus far (thus far) sounds like this could be based on racial experience.

I learned some dances moves from watching re-runs of this show and then applied them at dance competitions. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
  • TheDr
  • 10-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Every saturday at 11 am me and my siblings were GLUED to that tv!

Waiting on the soul train line, and the asian lady with the long hair!!!! Thx 4 posting! Originally Posted by Kammye
True dat Kammye! Every Sat morning absolutely glued to the tv! And I most definitely remember the Asian lady with the long, straight hair. LMAO

Thx for the memories Zanzibar.

I learned some dances moves from watching re-runs of this show and then applied them at dance competitions. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

How is it racial when I was working cattle, building fences, playing in basketball and baseball tournaments, doing chores, etc? I was busy doing things and did not watch the boob tube except at night. If that is racist ... then I must be a racist.
Dating myself, but I was on the Larry Kane Show every Saturday for a couple of years. Also, Kitrk The Cat, Captain Bob and Looney Auction.
How is it racial when I was working cattle, building fences, playing in basketball and baseball tournaments, doing chores, etc? I was busy doing things and did not watch the boob tube except at night. If that is racist ... then I must be a racist. Originally Posted by pyramider
I swear some of you people have ZERO comprehension skills. I said nothing of being a racist. Lol

I swear some of you people have ZERO comprehension skills. I said nothing of being a racist. Lol Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

How is that skippy? Some of us were growing up to be men. You got anything else stupid to post?
  • TheDr
  • 10-24-2014, 08:28 PM
lol - judging by the responses thus far (thus far) sounds like this could be based on racial experience. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I do believe the OP meant racial experience as in the experience of your race vs. the experience of our race. Not that you were racist.

How is that skippy? Some of us were growing up to be men. You got anything else stupid to post? Originally Posted by pyramider
Not sure how us watching that particular tv show made us less of a man than you but ok. Carry on...
American Bandstand was the show for us white folk.
Didn't have time for either show.