Predictions...Mavs or Heat

The Heat look like they are jellin' at just the right time, and their defense has kicked it up a notch. The Mavs are scoring well with Dirk at the top of his game. Dallas won the previous meetings this year, but that seems meaningless now. Miami has home court advantage. So what are your predictons?

My heart says Mavs in six, but my head says Heat in seven.
Actually the Mavericks have won the last two meetings with this Heat team. I predict it will be a good series. I am not making any other predictions as far as this one goes.
If Dirk folds in this series like he did in 2006, it will be painful to watch and will be over in 4. If not, anything is possible.
this should be a good series...Mavs...
Go mavs
Heat in 6. The two best teams in the NBA have already played and the Heat beat the Celtics.

Wildcat
The Heat are gelling and when the Mavs played them this season, they were not the cohesive unit they are now. This year, the Mavs have Tyson Chandler, he will be a defensive stopper in the paint and a real PG in J Kidd and they have Marion, who is not what he was when he was with Phx, but if he shows spurts of that defensive prowness like he did against Durant, this will be a great series. I predict Mavs in 6 or 7.
GO MAVS!!!!!!
Should be a good series, Dirk will play his game, it's Chandler
And the bench that are key to a Mavs victory. GO MAVS
Heat in 5
Amazing how you can win 9 out of your last 10 against some of the best teams in the NBA (world-champ Lakers and the OKC Thunder), shut down some of the best players in the game (Kobe, Pau, Durant and Westbrook), and you still don't get a whole lot of respect!

First and foremost, I hope there are no critical injuries to a major player. I want to see both teams healthy and playing at their best.

As long as Miami is starting Mike Bibby, Dallas has a very good chance. I'm saying Mavs in 6. And yes, its an emotional choice, but I think they can do it.
Amazing how you can win 9 out of your last 10 against some of the best teams in the NBA (world-champ Lakers and the OKC Thunder), shut down some of the best players in the game (Kobe, Pau, Durant and Westbrook), and you still don't get a whole lot of respect!

First and foremost, I hope there are no critical injuries to a major player. I want to see both teams healthy and playing at their best.

As long as Miami is starting Mike Bibby, Dallas has a very good chance. I'm saying Mavs in 6. And yes, its an emotional choice, but I think they can do it. Originally Posted by TexasT
I totally agree- experts predicted TrailBlazers to beat Mavs- the predicted the Lakers to beat Mavs- I think Mavs will take it- they have played against bette teams and to me have a better team from top to bottom.
The Mav's have the better coach. How old is the Heat's coach? 30?
I can still remember the '06 series when all any Mav had to do was look at Wade cross-eyed and he was sent to the charity stripe for 2. He shot more free throws than the entire Mav team combined. I remember being out of my mind furious with the obviously incompetent and biased officiating! I saw a good bit of that in the Bulls/Heat series except it was LeBum that was getting all the Wade-esque foul calls. I'm praying I don't see any of that crap in the finals this year and am forced to pull out what is left of my hair from '06.

All things being equal, Mavs have a good chance this year. Dirk is playing better than ever and Mavs have the advantage at the point and from the bench. Mavs in 7, but their chances take a drastic dip if at any point Bennett Salvatore steps on the court.
I think it will go 7 games. I'm pulling for the Heat but (as much as it kills me to say it), the Mavs are looking pretty damned good. I still have confidence in the Heat. Anybody up for a friendly wager?

Meg
Mavs in 5.