Lowest Point

• motor
  • 06-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Just wondering if anyof you all have ever been so low in your life that your not sure where to turn. I have been told once before about starting a thread that makes me sound like a nut job. But oh well. Seems that recent reflection on things that have happened in my life have taken me for a downward spiral. I am to the point now that I really not sure if I even care anymore about work, seeing family and sometimes just people in general. I do know that with the tragedies that have happened i have become mentally exhausted just reliving the events over and ove I cant seem to shake them. I am sure I am not the only one that has or is experiencing this but maybe I am the only one dumb enough to put it out there.
  • hd
  • 06-09-2011, 10:12 AM
No, the only one with the guts to do it.

I've found, in my experience, you have to deal with it yourself. I tried seeking professional 'help' but left feeling the same or worse. Not knowing what you're dealing with compared to me, I just keep plugging along trying to see the better things in this world hoping to cover over what I want to get rid of.

I've never gotten over any of my tribulations, but have learned to live and cope with them. IMO, it never goes away, you just have to do your best to live with it thru good times and bad.

I'll say don't give up motorload, but you have the final say, don't rush your judgement.
Sir, I'm sorry and you are not nuts for feeling the way you do. You are only human. If you are feeling so down, perhaps you are suffering from depression and should see your doctor?
  • T-Can
  • 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM
If you are feeling so down, perhaps you are suffering from depression and should see your doctor? Originally Posted by incognito isis
He has been seeing his doctor....

motor, I think you just need a well-deserved vacation to be away and reflect on things from afar
Motor,

I told you I would not comment on the other thread because I wanted to speak with you in person. I won't get into it much here as I hope to see you tomorrow night.

Brother, it seems right now, even with all the tragedy, you are forgetting the gifts you have in life. Perhaps seeing the darker side of life is something needed to shake you.

When my kids started having the "expectations" thing about gifts rather than appreciating what they had I knew it was time to take a visit to the shelter/food lines, etc. during the holidays and show them another side of life. Some of my friends here know what life has dealt me over the past few years but in comparison to others I have gifts beyond measure.

Don't ever forget the good around you. You have friends, you have a job, you seem to have your health. You are better off than many many others in this world. Volunteer my friend to help others who are less fortunate and I bet you will find an inner comfort you have not felt before. Life can be very shitty, but you are far better off than most and it seems you have forgot that.
I have been there, just take a step back and analyze life. Sometimes that is depressing too but then you know its time for a change of scenery in any area of your life. Good Luck!
And Alecia's avatar has got to get you going. You have my number sir.
Sounds like you might want to get some professional help. That would be especially true if you are having thoughts of hopelessness or maybe about hurting yourself.

Acknowledging to others that you feel this way is a good first step.

I try to remind myself every single day that worrying about what is going to happen in the future is largely a waste of time. It will eat you alive. However you are feeling today, or even for the last few weeks or months, is just a tiny snapshot in your life experience. You'll almost certainly feel different in the future because things are going to get better. Just got to make sure you're around so you know it.
I always think about others out there that have it much worse in the world or even in our own country. I think about the women being raped in Africa and the genocide, I think about the children growing up around the world due to war and lawlessness, I think about the people starving in 3rd world countries and in our own ghetto neighborhoods, I think about those that have had their world turn upside due to upheaval and tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, and hurricanes. I know that may in general terms, but I know compared to most people in the world, my problems as bad as they get, do not measure up to those people I mention. I hope things get better for you and I hope to see you tomorrow.
Motor,

I told you I would not comment on the other thread because I wanted to speak with you in person. I won't get into it much here as I hope to see you tomorrow night.

Brother, it seems right now, even with all the tragedy, you are forgetting the gifts you have in life. Perhaps seeing the darker side of life is something needed to shake you.

When my kids started having the "expectations" thing about gifts rather than appreciating what they had I knew it was time to take a visit to the shelter/food lines, etc. during the holidays and show them another side of life. Some of my friends here know what life has dealt me over the past few years but in comparison to others I have gifts beyond measure.

Don't ever forget the good around you. You have friends, you have a job, you seem to have your health. You are better off than many many others in this world. Volunteer my friend to help others who are less fortunate and I bet you will find an inner comfort you have not felt before. Life can be very shitty, but you are far better off than most and it seems you have forgot that. Originally Posted by Boltfan

Couldn't have said it better myself. No ones problems ever seem as big or as bad as our own until we can actually walk a mile in their shoes. Get out into the sunshine...pay it forward. Watch the eyes of someone less fortunate light up when you pay for their meal or cup of coffee. Something as simple as a smile to a stranger who may REALLY need it, can mean the world.

I hope you feel better soon.. I know that if it weren't for some really special people in my life, that offered great advice and support when I needed it, I may have wanted to give up. Your smile and friendship can mean a world of difference to someone.
  • Tetas
  • 06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Also, don't rule out drugs, the legal kind.
I was on anti-depressants a couple of years ago and didn't like the feeling so I quit taking them, then went through a really bad spot and went back to the doctor.
He prescribed something different and it really helped a lot.
You might want to consider professional help. Also confiding in someone you trust. Perhaps you need a legitatimate vacation with no contact from anybody you know
Motorload, I guess I don't follow the board closely enough to know the details of your previous posts. However, if you have not done so, I would urge you to see either your family doc or a psychiatrist. This sounds like an episode of clinical depression.

As riday noted, don't be afraid to explore anti-depressants with your doc. And if you are already taking anti-depressants, don't be discouraged if you aren't seeing any beneficial effects. First, even under the best of circumstances, it takes six to eight weeks to get the maximum effect from SSRI's, and three to see any effect at all (and that's not in all cases). Second, often dosages have to be increased or several drugs tried before getting the effect that you need. I went through three different three different anti-depressants, multiple dosage adjustment, plus the addition of an ancillary drug before my docs found the right combination for me. I had some interim improvement, ups and downs, but it took almost two years before we got it adjusted just right.
  • motor
  • 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks to all of you that posted. I always know that someone has it worse off than myself, I have been the kid whos shoes had holes, clothes that didn't and beans for dinner for a week. I try to keep that there are people worse off in mind. I would also like to thank the ones who could have blasted my ass....I sincerly appreciate it
thanks guys
Although everyone has had their own tribulations, it doesn't really help that much to know that when you're going through your own.

It used to be fairly normal for me to look at the walls for days and think to myself, "What in the fuck am I DOING with my life?", or similar thoughts along those lines.

Self-reflection, deep thoughts that go darker into the abyss and even deeper, if possible ... just sucks on a level that is inexplicable to others.

I was told to get over it. Think of others. Take up a sport. Get out more. And well that was tough when you didn't have the money for gas, didn't have the strength to barely move and the main concern was being there for another in my care and just getting by day to day.

I'm not sure how to suggest climbing back up through that hole. I just know that for me, there was a moment of clarity of what would work for me to make the changes that needed to be made.

I believe that what a person needs to do to make the climb that you need to make is different for everyone. And with that ... I have no sincere advice to offer you.

Except for one thing.

It will get better. It's hard to believe some stranger who is just typing tripe as you might be seeing it but it's completely true. IF you keep looking at those walls, continue to sink deeper then something will "click" and you will see the path in which you need to follow.

For some, it's religion. For others, a lifestyle change. For some, counseling and pharmaceuticals. And for others, a combination of God knows what.

But just know that it will get better. And sometimes during the middle of the night when sleep doesn't come ... and the darkness is gnawing at your guts ... that is the mantra to repeat and remember.

That someone who has been in a somewhat similar darkness, and many of us here can relate, have been in the same place and have seen it get better.

And it will and does.

Good luck to you.

Elisabeth