texas burner phone

tried to do this last year and can't seem to get a reasonable way to do this.

i have an extra iphone. can i do this with a SIM in texas? can i do this online by being mailed a SIM and paying monthly? can i pay per use?

thanks for any help

Your phone might be linked to you if you bought from a store. That is why I don't convert a personal phone to hobby phone. I use a Straight Talk phone bought with cash and also buy monthly renewals with cash. Not 100% safe for no link to me but as close as I can get

Sam
can't seem to get a reasonable way to do this. Originally Posted by cerberus666
What have you tried so far and what made it unreasonable?

Like Sam said, a no contract phone paid for with cash is about as good as it gets and even that can be useless depending on your threat model.
  • ztonk
  • 11-07-2017, 02:08 PM
i have an extra iphone. can i do this with a SIM in texas? can i do this online by being mailed a SIM and paying monthly? can i pay per use? Originally Posted by cerberus666
If the phone has been tied to "the real you" in any way, this is a bad idea and I'd advise against it.

Depending on which iPhone, there are different models based on the carrier (Verizon, AT&T, TMobile, etc.) since they require different cellular radios. (Some iPhones have all of the radios, some have only the ones needed for the particular carrier it is sold for.) Some carriers also "locked" the SIM after activation so you could only use the phone with them.

An unlocked iPhone with the proper cellular hardware should work by just getting the appropriate SIM card and network plan.

z

Depending on which iPhone, there are different models based on the carrier (Verizon, AT&T, TMobile, etc.) since they require different cellular radios.

An unlocked iPhone with the proper cellular hardware should work by just getting the appropriate SIM card and network plan.

z Originally Posted by ztonk
All true; however, some Sprint CDMA-based iPhones don't have an accessible SIM Card.
Why not just use the Burner app and use your regular phone? Even if the company had some way of associating the Burner number with you (and according to their EULA they can't ), no DA is going to bother jumping through the hoops to subpoena a company in another state over a misdemeanor.
^^ Not worried about DA. If you use RW social media the app can link the numbers so your info could pop up on others social media that could cause problems.

I see providers RW Facebook pop up on my hobby Facebook or messenger often. I send them a warning what happened, most report back the are using one phone for RW and hobby.

So I use two phones. At night phone is in car hidden, that way I do no hobby communication at night. If you forget to stop app someone might see messages you don't want to see them.

Sam