RIP Prince

Just heard prince died.. very sad. Talented artist. U will be missed
The last 6 months have been brutal for musical legends.
really brutal.. I saw Prince the last 2 nights of his 3-night stand at Reunion Arena, December 30, 1984-January 1, 1985.. cut the first night short before the encore, so I could head up to Showtime on Greenville and Lover's to ring in the new year.. next night a heavy snow came down as the concert progressed, heading home I hit a slick spot on I-30, and slid down an embankment.. memorable times.
This news is tragic!
Another true legend gone!
So very sad...
Another one... http://linkis.com/huffingtonpost.com/j9R7L

Former female wrestler Chyna also passed today. Much like Farrah Fawcett-- its going to get largely ignored due to losing Prince the same day.
This news is very devastating to me. First it was Michael, then Whitney (and her daughter) and now it's Prince.

I grew up on Prince - He was part of the music that infiltrated my childhood all the way into adulthood. In fact, Purple Rain is still one of my favorites to this very day. Heck, I even danced to his songs in the strip clubs many, many times.

But most of all, I always admired Prince's ability to transcend racial stereotypes in the music industry. I grew up in a household with a lot of rock and roll, and I thought it was cool to see someone black play the guitar and create music that was heard by and adored by many.

When I first heard of his death today, I took a moment to myself to let out my emotions. I even downloaded all his albums. Moreso, the passing of this legend has inspired me to take back up singing and playing the guitar.

In ending, I will be singing along to 'Purple Rain' all day today in memory of the legendary artist. In fact, I never knew what the lyrics of that song meant until I got older.

Thank you Prince for all your creavitiy and individuality. There will never ever be anyone like you. RIP to one of the many inspirations in my life!
Amen Adrienne. Thank you for your beautiful post.
I was shocked when I heard about Prince this morning. Sad news indeed.
Amen Adrienne. Thank you for your beautiful post. Originally Posted by Benny Siegel23
I am in tears now as I type this. Can't believe another legend has passed. His death at 57 was very untimely.
He was THE one guy I could have seen in his prime that I regret not having seen.

I still have the vinyl I bought back in his heyday, and have a good part of his catalog on CD. You can bet I'm gonna break some of that out over the next few days.
I was only 1 year old when purple rain came out. My pops played his music all the time. I even remember wearing a purple hat and the shirt with the ruffles to my prom and they played purple rain.. this man was a genius. I kinda feel bad for the new generation and the music they put out now compared to the music they had back then. This is truly a sad day for the music industry.
I love Prince, he's true musical legend.
RIP!!!!!!!

RIP!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DallasRain
Such A Beautiful Soul Lost And Will*Never*Be Forgotten!!
Sad day.