How about them Buccos!!!!!!

They’re off to a 12/7 start and look like a legitimate MLB team. They’re ripping the cover off the ball, solid starting pitching, Bednar is a quality closer and they’re running the bases like professionals should. Reminds me of 2013 when they started playing winning baseball for a 4yr stretch. They have a young core with some veteran leadership like Cutch. The bad news is their most talented player, Onell Cruz, is out for 4 months with a fractured ankle. He was fun to watch.

The Pirates also have more talent in the minors who should be coming up this year. Fun times again at PNC this year. No better place in da Burgh to spend a summer evening IMHO.
Saw the first couple innings over a ribeye at Texas Roadhouse last night. Good stuff.
4 in a row, raise the Jolly Rodger!!!!!!
It’s early yet, so I’m not getting too excited, but credit where it’s due. They are indeed playing very well, and you’d rather be 13-7 than 7-13. I’d give it a couple months though before getting too optimistic.
They do this to us every April/May. You guys new here or something? Lol. Although 13-7 is their best start in 20+ years, so ...
They do this to us every April/May. You guys new here or something? Lol. Although 13-7 is their best start in 20+ years, so ... Originally Posted by tommy156
Which is it? Of course it’s their best start in 20yrs. It’s their best team in 6yrs. They’re not the worst team in MLB now. I’m not predicting the WS. I’ll go as far as a winning season.

Bucco fever. Catch it!!!!
I'm just conditioned to keep my expectations very low. I'll be happy if they can just hold it to double digits in the loss column at the end of the year. Lol.
5 in a row. Longest current winning streak in the Majors. Keller with another strong outing.
Another win tonight!!!!!
  • Typo
  • 04-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Buck the fuccos
... Surely seem to be just as good as most of the sides
out there on the field... Maybe the new management
knows what they are doing. ... Now continue to market
that "retro" logo from the 1970s and maybe restore
the fan base.

##### Salty
Nutting will sell off the good pitchers and then they'll be back to the basement.

It's pretty sad when we're talking about the Pirates winning season in April, when the Penguins should be the focus of PGH sports.
(I know, off topic. I'll just go back to trolling other forums now)
Nutting will sell off the good pitchers and then they'll be back to the basement.

It's pretty sad when we're talking about the Pirates winning season in April, when the Penguins should be the focus of PGH sports.
(I know, off topic. I'll just go back to trolling other forums now) Originally Posted by yinzerpgh
Well, the Penguins aren’t playin, to no one’s suprise. The Bucs are the biggest story in MLB right now. It’s sad the people in this forum aren’t embracing it. The Pirates were winning championships long before the Steelers or Penguins. PNC is one of the best venues in baseball. They now have a talented young team. What’s not to like?
  • Typo
  • 04-23-2023, 08:48 AM
What’s not to like? Originally Posted by bambino
The owners and their history of selling off any solid talent at the expense of a winning season
I won some tickets for behind home plate. Maybe I should go see them during this fun time. If this keeps up I’ll go to more games this year. Team has a good vibe around it.