SCOTUS sides with Texas!!!

Lol
I'm IN TEXAS!

It's a temporary ruling at best!
Lol
I'm IN TEXAS!

It's a temporary ruling at best! Originally Posted by winn dixie
And you should stay there. Yeah, they can fight it out in lower courts. But SCOTUS will have the final say and it’s where they’re at. But say Laken Riley five times soldier.
And you should stay there. Didn’t say it was “temporary” but say Laken Riley five times soldier. Originally Posted by bambino
Lolling

Do you even realize what the courts ruling was about? Today's ruling is limited.
Yes I do;

WASHINGTON, March 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday let a Republican-backed Texas law take effect that allows state law enforcement authorities to arrest people suspected of illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, rejecting a bid to block it by President Joe Biden's administration.
The court has a 6-3 conservative majority, and its three liberal justices dissented, saying Tuesday's action turns immigration enforcement - typically the province of the federal government - on its head
Yes I do;

WASHINGTON, March 19 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday let a Republican-backed Texas law take effect that allows state law enforcement authorities to arrest people suspected of illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, rejecting a bid to block it by President Joe Biden's administration.
The court has a 6-3 conservative majority, and its three liberal justices dissented, saying Tuesday's action turns immigration enforcement - typically the province of the federal government - on its head Originally Posted by bambino
Sir the ruling today is very limited in scope. It does not address the many other legal questions and problems concerning the entire underlying issue. As you'll see being argued already in courts.
Sir the ruling today is very limited in scope. It does not address the many other legal questions and problems concerning the entire underlying issue. As you'll see being argued already in courts. Originally Posted by winn dixie
How so? Sir!!!
The Federal appeals court already blocked SB 4 again. Take that, SCOTUS.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03...l-immigration/

Well there's that ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This could be fought for a long time in many courts. Not a win at all.
No way will Texas win this. The precedent alone is enough to officially empower state militia to patrol the streets.
No way will Texas win this. The precedent alone is enough to officially empower state militia to patrol the streets. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... Too Right! ... "POWER to the People! ...

#### Salty
I can’t wrap my head around someone being gleeful that law enforcement is disallowed from stopping foreigners from illegally entering the country. WTF is wrong with you people?
The Federal appeals court already blocked SB 4 again. Take that, SCOTUS.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03...l-immigration/ Originally Posted by tommy156
Yeah, but the 5th Circuit will rule today! N
The 5th Circuit court has scheduled oral arguments for 10am CT (15:00 GMT) on Wednesday on whether to block the law. According to local media reports, the appeals court is expected to continue to hold arguments next month on whether the law is unconstitutional and should be blocked indefinitely.

LOLLing
It was a false win, fellas. Abbott’s thugs are not empowered to make immigration policy.
It was a false win, fellas. Abbott’s thugs are not empowered to make immigration policy. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Thugs? For protecting people in Texas like you from a criminal invasion? It’s a moot point because the Emperor Trump will be back in office soon and shut this travesty down.