Your Opinion: Best TV Sit-Com of All Time

I’m not sure how much thought this will provoke – most have only one thing on their mind: snatch! And, I’m absolutely certain many will break my balls.

But, if you’d like; tell us what your all-time favorite television half-hour situation comedy was/is and why.
All In the Family - Entertaining, funny, terrific cast, great screenwriting, pace-setting in confronting social issues.
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Seinfeld with the gloves off
Cheers
#1 all in the family #2 the honeymooners
#2 the honeymooners Originally Posted by artone
Agreed - made more nostalgic with Sheila MacRae's passing last Thursday at 92. I loved Art Carney.
Whatever show archie bunker was on, i love Lucy,seinfeld, and 3rd rock from the sun.
I grew up on Seinfeld and i love Lucy. I remember being in 7th or 8th grade when Seinfeld ended and i was upset. I used to get to stay up late on weekends and i would watch nick at night after nicklodeon was off air.
Whatever show archie bunker was on, Originally Posted by Lexxxy
You forgot its name?

All In the Family Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I was just googling it to edit and you beat me yes. He's really all i remember and Edith was a hoot too.
Interesting. I'm seeing age difference of the respondents as a factor in choosing favorites.

Remember, your choice doesn't have to be cinematically profound -- it just has to be your favorite. It is, afterall, comedy!
All In the Family - Entertaining, funny, terrific cast, great screenwriting, pace-setting in confronting social issues. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
I concur, Jack.

Working on a number of levels simultaneously (political, social, moral, humanitarian) and the evolution of characters and relationships contained therein; “All in The Family” certainly would qualify as a masterpiece.

For these reasons, I believe it can’t be classified and, therefore, pigeonholed into any exacting category (much like M.A.S.H.). So, I left “All in The Family” out of my thought process.

I’m gonna let this thread go on for a while to see what develops and then I’ll share a couple of my favorites.

TD

Oh, a little tidbit: All in The Family’s producer Norman Lear had such a low budget to start out with that he couldn’t afford to produce the show’s theme song in a recording studio with singers and an orchestra, hence, as we all know, Archie and Edith sat at the piano.
Arrested Development
The Life of Riley
You'll Never Get Rich
The Jack Benny Program
I Married Joan
George Burns and Gracie Allen
Arrested Development
The Life of Riley
You'll Never Get Rich
The Jack Benny Program
I Married Joan
George Burns and Gracie Allen Originally Posted by jokacz
"Arrested Development"? Hey! I resemble that remark!!!