ECCIE Site contains malware

Google now stops me from entering ECCIE with this message:
"Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on www.eccie.net. Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from crossroadsumc.org, a known malware distributor."

I would like to suggest that the moderators contact their web tech people and get our web site cleaned up. This hobby has enough challenges without our computers getting fucked up too...
We don't need that shit!
I too saw that message. Mobile is the only way to view for me now.
It's being worked on. And there's a thread in the National Tech forum on the topic.

Our own Rocket mod has commented on that thread.

https://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1...post1062210267

A weakness in Chrome's Browser tech has been exploited.

All high level IT folks are aware and are working on protecting their servers (or purging the crap). It's not a fix in one day thing.
I've had 3 men voice to me that the last 3 days they've had this message appear.
Is this something I should be worried will be affecting my phone ??
The owners of the site dont give 2 shits and as far as we know we all have been compromised.
Who fuckin knows.
Id recommend using your mobile devices.
The owners of the site dont give 2 shits and as far as we know we all have been compromised.
Who fuckin knows.
Id recommend using your mobile devices. Originally Posted by BigDeal
I've been using my phone! Should we be worried about our phones too!!!
I've been using my phone! Should we be worried about our phones too!!! Originally Posted by JasminDelights

Likely no. If you have a decent firewall then your PC should likely be protected from malware. Dont click the ads if you arent already using ad blocker and dont download anything. Malware designed for computers typically either doesnt work or works improperly on phones or other devices. You should be fine.
Same here
Likely no. If you have a decent firewall then your PC should likely be protected from malware. Dont click the ads if you arent already using ad blocker and dont download anything. Malware designed for computers typically either doesnt work or works improperly on phones or other devices. You should be fine. Originally Posted by KCityGuy
Thank you!! I'm definitely not very educated when it comes to any technical things like that! Phew!!!
fixed
Thanks all
fixed Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon
What exactly happened? Were the attackers able to infect members' computers, were they able to steal information?
Anyone else still having problems? I am still getting the message.
Clear your cache and cookies.
Not all sites that folks visit may have purged the stuff from their servers though.
I never had issues, but then I use excellent blockers.