International Marriage Mistake

About 1 month ago I made a very big mistake. I traveled overseas and got married in another country. I have since returned to the United States where I have concluded that my bride is probably Bipolar. I am so happy to be home and that we are far away from each other. I will obviously not be applying for her visa to enter the USA. I will never travel to visit her again as I am scared of her violent personality. I am not an expert on international divorce and don't know of what responsibilities I may have to her. I have contacted a divorce attorney locally to start the process of annulment or divorce. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts or experience with this type of bizarre predicament.

Bipolar
No matter what we say here (and you're gonna hear a LOT) your best bet is to consult a real, live divorce lawyer. You'll have to anyway...eventually.

P.S. I would think about moving if she knows where you live. Especially if she sends you a text like this: "GONNA HUNT YOU DOWN!"
I'm always fascinated by the mail order bride thing. There are 90 million women in the US. why does one feel the need to skip over a dating pool that large?

not bust in on ya. Just asking a legitimate question?
Bipolar? Does that mean you do a threesome with bears?
When you buy your wife from a developing country, it is your right as an individual from a more developed country to do with her as you wish. She is your slave
Damn Mahler; sorry that happened. On the bright side, you found out she is crazy before she relocated to the states...........

Get legal advice. Get laid by some ECCIE hottie. Don't sweat it.

What country is she from ?

The humor is always welcome in a time of emotional stress and irrational behavior.

With all due respect, no one has the right to own anyone ... That is called slavery ...
Slavery was abolished from the US after blood sheding: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States
Are we encouraging modern slavery? SMTH
Its retrograde to even consider the thought ...

When you buy your wife from a developing country, it is your right as an individual from a more developed country to do with her as you wish. She is your slave Originally Posted by hungryhippo

With all due respect, no one has the right to own anyone ... That is called slavery ...
Slavery was abolished from the US after blood sheding: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave..._United_States
Originally Posted by DarthDVader
Are you absolutely certain about that? I've seen wikipedia make some mistakes before.

Slavery was abolished from the US after blood sheding: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave..._United_States
Originally Posted by DarthDVader

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
aw, you ruined it. Visuals always get the point across....lol

Originally Posted by Whirlaway;1
send her an email, let her know how grateful you are that she played along with your fantasy.. tell her your American wife got a kick out of hearing the tale, when you arrived back home.

before signing off, ask her if she can wire you some money to live on..
Which country?
I checked the date of your post to be sure it wasn't April 1. Damn, it wasn't and you're serious.

I would PM ShysterJohn. He may not handle these things, but may know someone who does if you don't.

Man, it is good you found that out now. Bail while the boat is still afloat. We already have our quota of bi-polar folks here.