Crawfish season

https://www.chron.com/life/food/amp/...t-12515939.php

It's about that time of year. How many can you ingest in one sitting?

Do you suck the head?

Inquiring minds want to know.
We have a cooker at work that does 100lbs at a time. Can't wait.
Do you suck the head = I do
Crawfish season will be off to a slow start due to the cold weather we have experienced. As a buddy of mine from deep south Louisianan said, Dem crawfish done went back in der holes.

It is with great hope that we will see an early spring and mud bugs will been plenty and cheap.
I am originally from Louisiana, a little town southwest of Lake Charles. My family had owned and operated a small crawfish farm from 1984 - 1987. We have been boiling "dem crawfish" since the early 80's. Way before eating crawfish was cool! I still have a friend in Louisiana that has a large farm, but like the op said, cold weather keeps them in the mud. At any rate, can't freaking wait! A pic of a boil from last year....
Attached Images File Type: jpg IMG_0334.JPG (170.6 KB, 374 views)
I LOVE ME SOME CRAWFISH imo floyds in webster has the best crawfish IMO i cant wait yummy

EDIT: I be in Louisiana next month and cant wait to try theirs im sure there off the charts good!!!
  • momo
  • 02-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Do you suck the head = I do Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
I do too.. let's go out for crawfish so u can suck the head
I LOVE ME SOME CRAWFISH imo floyds in webster has the best crawfish IMO i cant wait yummy

EDIT: I be in Louisiana next month and cant wait to try theirs im sure there off the charts good!!! Originally Posted by Cendell M
Never been to Floyds, actually I have never had crawfish from a restaurant. The problem with crawfish at restaurants is they usually pour seasoning on the outside of the crawfish...to save money. The "Louisiana way" is to pour the seasoning in the water, never "dust" the crawfish. All that does it get the seasoning on your lips, making you think the crawfish are spicy. When you are really just eating the seasoning stuck on the outside of the crawfish...my son and I usually boil every Saturday. He and I can eat a sack (35ibs) within a day.
^^ i agree with the seasoning at most place but at Floyds you would be so amazed it awesome its called the manual style you have to ask for it,there nothing like it anywhere that i've had and i could live on crawfish especially from Floyds but i'm dying to try Louisiana crawfish i will be there next month and promise you im trying some just not sure best place...any suggestions ?

and NO i dont suck the heads lol cant do it ...not crawfish head anyway hehe
  • momo
  • 02-01-2018, 02:40 PM
^^ i agree with the seasoning at most place but at Floyds you would be so amazed it awesome its called the manual style you have to ask for it,there nothing like it anywhere that i've had and i could live on crawfish especially from Floyds but i'm dying to try Louisiana crawfish i will be there next month and promise you im trying some just not sure best place...any suggestions ?

and NO i dont suck the heads lol cant do it ...not crawfish head anyway hehe Originally Posted by Cendell M
Ever try the one HEB does? It's really good too..

And C'mon Cendell.. sucking head and giving head is almost the same.. let's go

and NO i dont suck the heads lol cant do it ...not crawfish head anyway hehe Originally Posted by Cendell M

I am from the Sulphur area...so if you are in that area, the Boiling Point is very good. I guess I need to try Floyds...boiling them is fun but work and the cleanup is a bitch. And while in Louisiana try the boudin, if you haven't already. Hmmm, so you suck my head and I will pinch your tail? LOL
No sir never tried HEB and to me sucking head and sucking crawfish head BARF cant do it i think the brains and mixed with seasoned water heh....not the same as CUM and i spit that shit to after completion LOL but i am good at SUCKING HEAD I MUST ADD

MUAH
  • momo
  • 02-01-2018, 02:48 PM
I am from the Sulphur area...so if you are in that area, the Boiling Point is very good. I guess I need to try Floyds...boiling them is fun but work and the cleanup is a bitch. And while in Louisiana try the boudin, if you haven't already. Hmmm, so you suck my head and I will pinch your tail? LOL Originally Posted by robv69
Don't forget cracklins
I am from the Sulphur area...so if you are in that area, the Boiling Point is very good. I guess I need to try Floyds...boiling them is fun but work and the cleanup is a bitch. And while in Louisiana try the boudin, if you haven't already. Hmmm, so you suck my head and I will pinch your tail? LOL Originally Posted by robv69
Is that near Bossier/Shreveport or Lake Charles? I have only been to Bossier but been ask to visit Monroe and Lafayette as well!

Yes try Floyds i wouldnt think you would be disappointed if so i suck "your" head while you you can pinch "my tail" LOL deal

I also have never had boudin...dont kill me LOL
Ever try the one HEB does? It's really good too..

And C'mon Cendell.. sucking head and giving head is almost the same.. let's go Originally Posted by momo
Almost the same but not quite lol ....Lets go!

EDIT:sucking Crawfish head not quite the same