Crimea votes to join Russia

Why does this sound like the Austrian Anschluss?
  • WTF
  • 03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Why does this sound like the Austrian Anschluss? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Because you are a tone deaf Tea Pot....
That goes without saying.
Wow.. what a surprise. You mean all those Russian Soldiers transporting the ballot boxes and doing the counting didn't manage to "change" the vote into disapproving the Russian takeover? Whoda thunk it.
Why does this sound like the Austrian Anschluss? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Not a surprise since between 55 and 60 percent of the population are ethnic Russians.
Do you really think the vote will turn out to be 55 to 60 percent? We'll see...
If you think a couple of blacks with berets standing outside a polling place is intimating try voting with foreign army troops outside the polling place.
I still don't know why we care if Crimea is in Ukraine or Russia.
  • CJ7
  • 03-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Not a surprise since between 55 and 60 percent of the population are ethnic Russians. Originally Posted by Jackie S

Russians vote to become Russians ... not much of a stretch is it?
I still don't know why we care if Crimea is in Ukraine or Russia. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Some people are determined to cling to the worn out idea of American hegemony, no many how many people have to die
I still don't know why we care if Crimea is in Ukraine or Russia. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Hell the way Palin adores Putin we may lose Alaska.

The easiest answer is that the US signed a treaty in 1994 and 2009 saying that we would back them against Russia. So go talk to Clinton and Obama.
  • WTF
  • 03-16-2014, 10:59 PM
The easiest answer is that the US signed a treaty in 1994 and 2009 saying that we would back them against Russia. So go talk to Clinton and Obama. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
We wanted to get rid of their nuke's JD. Problem solved.

Go join up in the Ukraine Navy and fight the Russians if you want to. They can always use a internet Mensa!
I don't support any such treaty, if there was an actual treaty, which I doubt. And I adamantly oppose losing a single drop of blood to force Crimea to remain in Ukraine.

What is it with you, JD, always wanting to send our military overseas to die and kill in a useless situation we will refuse to win? Do you have stock in Halliburton or something?
COG, haven't you learned anything? Don't start believing my press. Thy Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapes...ity_Assurances

Reconfirmed by Barack Obama in 2009.

If the Ukraine gives up it's nuclear weapon stockpiles then the US/UK/ and later Germany would guarantee their border security against Russia. They did and Clinton/Obama promised and they are the only ones here who said anything about sending Americans to the Crimea. I thought you were smarter than that? Quit hanging around with the dead end kids COG. What they got may be catching.