OBAMACARE DRIVES PREMIUMS UP AT RECORD PACE !

Report: Premiums rising faster than eight years before Obamacare COMBINED

Health insurance premiums have risen more after Obamacare than the average premium increases over the eight years before it became law, according to the private health exchange eHealthInsurance.

Without a subsidy, the average individual premium is now $274 a month. Families have been hit even harder with an average increase of 56 percent over the same period — average premiums are now $663 per family, over $426 last year.

Between 2005 and 2013, average premiums for individual plans increased 37 percent and average family premiums were upped 31 percent. So they have risen faster under Obamacare than in the previous eight years.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/18/re...#ixzz2wLs7JkbE
Remember this lie:
“If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is the amount of money you will spend on premiums. That will be less.”
BO Obama on the campaign trail.........lying to Americans to get elected !

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...urance-premium
  • CJ7
  • 03-18-2014, 03:31 PM
an insurance policy with coverage that's more extensive costs more, same as a car with more options ..

repeat after me

DUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR

Obama first promised that people who liked their insurance coverage would be able to keep it under the Affordable Care Act, he overlooked one critical fact: Many of the health policies that Americans like are terrible insurance plans that were created to scam consumers.
Over the past few weeks, insurers have been sending out hundreds of thousands of notices alerting customers that their current plans won't comply with the ACA as of January 1 and that the owners of these plans need to find alternatives....
Isn't it supposed to be affordable for all Americans? Of course it's more expensive when you are required to purchase coverage you neither want nor need. DURRRR!
Isn't it supposed to be affordable for all Americans? Of course it's more expensive when you are required to purchase coverage you neither want nor need ... and for someone else. DURRRR! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
FTFY
How many on this board had their premiums go up this year that hadn't in prior years?
Well if you don't get it yet, I couldn't explain it to you so you would get it now.

Isn't it a little bit of cognitive dissonance that premiums are rising but heathcare costs are rising at the slowest rate now in at least 20 years and perhaps 40 years or so?

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/dail...-but-slow.aspx

Uh, New Flash - the PPACA was not only passed to try to insure more Americans and keep premium costs down or lower them if possible, but it was passed to lower the increasing healthcare costs which have come down from 17.3% in 2011 to around 3.7% in 2012. They now reportedly even lower now (somewhere between 1% and 2%) and under the growth and inflation rates for 2013 and 2014.

While healthcare insurance premiums were a problem, it was the increasing healthcare costs (around 10% for the last couple of decades) that were an existential fiscal threat to the nation (unlike the deficit) and that is what PPACA has helped (I don't claim it was the only factor, but most reputable sources think it had a share due in part to the increased focus on those healthcare costs and also to mechanisms in the PPACA while haven't fully kicked in) reduce that threat substantially for the time being.

I''m not even advocating that we "fix" the PPACA, Obamacare if you will, because it isn't broken, however, we can definitely improve it for a number of reasons not the least of which being that we have more data about what does work and what doesn't (despite the lies and distortions of conservatives). Duh.
News Flash:

Obama said we would get lower premiums ..........end of story....end of liberal bullshit/lies !
News Flash:

Obama said we would get lower premiums ..........end of story....end of liberal bullshit/lies ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
How about you ass wipe, care to answer my question.
  • CJ7
  • 03-18-2014, 08:22 PM
  • CJ7
  • 03-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Well if you don't get it yet, I couldn't explain it to you so you would get it now.

Isn't it a little bit of cognitive dissonance that premiums are rising but heathcare costs are rising at the slowest rate now in at least 20 years and perhaps 40 years or so?

Uh, New Flash - the PPACA was not only passed to try to insure more Americans and keep premium costs down or lower them if possible, but it was passed to lower the increasing healthcare costs which have come down from 17.3% in 2011 to around 3.7% in 2012. They now reportedly even lower now (somewhere between 1% and 2%) and under the growth and inflation rates for 2013 and 2014.

While healthcare insurance premiums were a problem, it was the increasing healthcare costs (around 10% for the last couple of decades) that were an existential fiscal threat to the nation (unlike the deficit) and that is what PPACA has helped (I don't claim it was the only factor, but most reputable sources think it had a share due in part to the increased focus on those healthcare costs and also to mechanisms in the PPACA while haven't fully kicked in) reduce that threat substantially for the time being.

I''m not even advocating that we "fix" the PPACA, Obamacare if you will, because it isn't broken, however, we can definitely improve it for a number of reasons not the least of which being that we have more data about what does work and what doesn't (despite the lies and distortions of conservatives). Duh. Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook

nothing you can do or say will ever have an effect on brain dead rightwingers ... facts to them are as meaningless as water on a ducks butt .... the rest of the country grows while they shrink into virtually nothing
an insurance policy with coverage that's more extensive costs more, same as a car with more options ..

repeat after me

DUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRR

Obama first promised that people who liked their insurance coverage would be able to keep it under the Affordable Care Act, he overlooked one critical fact: Many of the health policies that Americans like are terrible insurance plans that were created to scam consumers.
Over the past few weeks, insurers have been sending out hundreds of thousands of notices alerting customers that their current plans won't comply with the ACA as of January 1 and that the owners of these plans need to find alternatives.... Originally Posted by CJ7
So if the ACA was a car what would it be in your feeble mind an Eldorado, lol.

Jim

I''m not even advocating that we "fix" the PPACA, Obamacare if you will, because it isn't broken, however, we can definitely improve it for a number of reasons not the least of which being that we have more data about what does work and what doesn't (despite the lies and distortions of conservatives). Duh. Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook
http://www.factcheck.org/2014/02/aca...f-health-care/
The slowing started before the implementation of the health care law and has remained steady at just under 3 percent in each of the last four years. It was growing much more quickly — at a rate of more than 6 percent a year on average — in the eight years prior to that. In fact, the per capita cost of health care is now growing at the slowest rate in 50 years. The question then is: How much is the ACA responsible for that slowing? On that point, there is much speculation and debate
Suckers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not to be distracted by the chaff

the thread's point was Obama said premiums would go down and they haven't, they have escalated beyond the norm

chalk it up to just another of his lies of convenience