Obama is getting tough now

I was listening to the Wall Street Journal Report on the radio this morning and they said that Obama was prepared to cancel licenses for shipments to Russia of sensitive materials with a military application..........why are we selling Russia stuff with military applications in the first place? This goes back to Clinton. He wanted to sell stuff to China but the Defense Department would not sign off so he moved the control to Commerce (and his crony Ron Brown). So now it is up to the Commerce Department to sign off with input from the State Department and then we sell military parts and equipment to Russia. Mao was right. A capitalist will sell you the rope that you use to hang him with.
Clinton and gore were getting campaign donations from the Chinese and clinton was probing for contributions to his "foundation" and "library"

Obama reminds me of the old yosemite sam cartoon where bugs repeatedly dares sam to step over lines drawn with his toe in the dirt and sam steps over them

the only thing is bugs is smarter than obama and had a plan
Clinton and gore were ... Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Buying Army berets from the Chinese! I can't stand unions jacking up wages and killing the garment industry, but in the case of DOD spending, as much as it chokes me to say it, I would rather keep the taxpayers' money at home.
I can't stand unions jacking up wages and killing the garment industry,

Ohhhh. So it's the unions fault jobs left America and went to china, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Korea?

The real problem is people like you buying that shit
Well if the Unions didn't make such an outrageous wage for sweeping a floor or turning a bolt it would be cost effective to make things in the U.S.

Toyota had a place in California and they went union. They closed shop and went some place else. Unions aren't needed any more.

They suck the life out of this country.
That reminds me of the Players Union in the NFL. A player making a million per year needs a Union to represent him, better yet twenty million. Unions are just another arm of the Democrat party to help break down the private sector.
  • CJ7
  • 03-28-2014, 02:34 PM
I can't stand unions jacking up wages and killing the garment industry,

Ohhhh. So it's the unions fault jobs left America and went to china, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Korea?

The real problem is people like you buying that shit Originally Posted by mtnitlion

there morons can't afford a suit from Ethiopia... they do their shopping at night after the Salvation Army donation boxes are left unattended
Yeah; Obama is getting tough....but with the wrong guy.......a has-been African warlord !

President Obama is unwilling to engage militarily in Syria. Assad’s butchery has not moved him, nor have the 150,000 deaths produced thus far by the civil war. When Assad and his Hezbollah/Iran backers crossed the “red line” by using chemical weapons, Obama punted. He has even been unwilling to provide meaningful assistance to Assad’s non-radical opponents.

In Iraq, Obama opted for a total U.S. pullout. He appears poised for a similar pullout in Afghanistan, which would mean abandoning those Afghans who put their life on the line to support his surge.

In addition, Obama has thus far turned down requests for arms and other military assistance by the government of Ukraine. He did engage militarily in Libya for a brief time. But that was a NATO operation, sanctioned by the United Nations, in which the U.S. “led from behind.”

Now, Obama has found someone against whom he is willing to commit U.S. troops without NATO. The target is Joseph Kony, a Ugandan warlord. Pursuant to the War Powers Act, the president has notified Congress that approximately 300 U.S. forces will be deployed to assist in the hunt for Kony. He will also deploy Osprey aircraft. Obama previously had deployed 100 Special Operations troops to assist in the search.

In a sense, Kony is a worthy target. For years, his Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) has attacked central African villages, mutilating civilians and stealing children.

But according to the Washington Post, LRA attacks have decreased significantly (probably by 75 percent) since 2010. Three of its five commanders have been taken out since 2012, including Kony’s second in command.

It would appear, then, that Obama is participating in a mop-up operation.

Moreover, the Ugandan government recently enacted a law imposing harsh penalties for homosexual conduct. So Obama is putting U.S. troops in harm’s way to chase down a has-been warlord on behalf of a repressive government.
How "19th Century" of Obama ...........

Did whirrly just have a brain hemorrhage?
Did whirrly just have a brain hemorrhage? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
No way, no how! Tredy's never had a brain!