Would/Have you used Uber for hobbying

Have you or would you take an uber ride to an incall or outcall.

Im thinking maybe if it was too a nice hotel or an apartment complex for a long visit.

Any thoughts?
  • !VI!
  • 10-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Have you or would you take an uber ride to an incall or outcall.

Im thinking maybe if it was too a nice hotel or an apartment complex for a long visit.

Any thoughts? Originally Posted by deuceswilld83

no but i've had people uber to me, it's fine
Any particular reason you're wanting to use a service like this vs the alternatives? Whether I would or not would seem to be if it solved some problem that driving myself, or taking a taxi, would have - which I don't particularly see this doing.
Any particular reason you're wanting to use a service like this vs the alternatives? Whether I would or not would seem to be if it solved some problem that driving myself, or taking a taxi, would have - which I don't particularly see this doing. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
A service like Uber IS one of the alternatives. You mentioned the possibility of taxis, uber and others like it are just cheaper alternatives to taxis.

I haven't done it and don't have the need to, but for some I'm sure it's an option.

It would suck if you get there and she stands you up though. That would be an expensive lesson paying for the ride there and back and getting nothing. It's bad enough if you drive yourself and you are out the cost of gas and your time.
A service like Uber IS one of the alternatives. Originally Posted by Sleepy363
Actually, if someone is wanting to use Uber, then Uber is NOT an alternative. How can the thing you're wanting to do be an alternative of itself?

Alternative:
- one of the things, propositions, or courses of action that can be chosen
- a possible or remaining course or choice

If you're wanting to do something, other options that facilitate the same purpose are alternatives. So yes, Uber is an alternative to driving yourself, just as driving yourself is an alternative to Uber. Uber, though, is NOT an alternative to Uber.

Thanks for making sure that needed to be addressed for absolutely no reason and clarify the definition of the word alternative.
Yes. I've used Uber to go to an out call. I had my client pay the fee. I don't know how to drive or even have a car to do outcalls so if I can have the fee covered I'm on my way!!
Once I had a friend use a driver to come see me (he couldn't drive himself due to medical conditions). Kinda of gave me a bad vibe, but it turned out ok. I don't know if I'd want to repeat that situation.

I have a car and am quite capable of driving myself, so I would never use Uber to hobby.
I once had a lady get driven by a mod / client to my place since she did not have a car (pretty sure she paid him something, but I paid an outcall fee so it probably came out of that). He was going to wait in the area (which is residential and upscale). Kinda creepy (I did not know this was going to happen), so I offered to drive her back. Turned out OK she was fun and stayed much longer than our scheduled time, but Uber would have been a great alternative for her.
Uber is awesome and super convenient when you don't want to drive. I've never used it for Hobbying but I can't see a reason not to.
  • selot
  • 10-27-2015, 04:53 PM
I used UBER for a lady to come out and see the wife and I. She gave me the address where she was and I requested an UBER to pick her up. When we were done, I got her an UBER to back home.
Absolutely I did it last week. I'm traveling in CA and do not have a car thus uber makes great sense
Actually, if someone is wanting to use Uber, then Uber is NOT an alternative. How can the thing you're wanting to do be an alternative of itself?

Alternative:
- one of the things, propositions, or courses of action that can be chosen
- a possible or remaining course or choice

If you're wanting to do something, other options that facilitate the same purpose are alternatives. So yes, Uber is an alternative to driving yourself, just as driving yourself is an alternative to Uber. Uber, though, is NOT an alternative to Uber.

Thanks for making sure that needed to be addressed for absolutely no reason and clarify the definition of the word alternative. Originally Posted by FunInDFW
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it already that Uber is an alternative to taxis. Not sure why you'd compare it to itself. That makes zero sense to do that.

Taxis have been the long established industry, so the new options like uber/lyft, etc are the alternative to the previous established industry, not the other way around.
Interesting question with some equally interesting parameters, such as:

-- If you don't want "watchers" to see you drive up and park at a spa, or at a notel or at an incall

-- if you don't want "watchers" to follow you home or back to work

-- if you don't want LE to stop you (as the driver) while trolling the streets

Problem with using Uber or Lyft could be the "return" trip from the initial destination back to "base."

Standing outside the spa waiting for your Uber could be a bit awkward, and ditto at the street location. Notel, "waiting for my ride" explains all.

Now, the bigger question might well be doing "car sex" in an Uber or a Lyft vehicle.

How do you tip the driver? Or do you?

Hmmm. Maybe some Ubers drive larger vehicles with bedrooms?
I've got a few friends that travel to Dallas on business and when they Uber to my incall and back it actually costs less than my outcall fee.

There's never any awkward waiting around, they hire the the return trip while we're getting dressed and after a few minutes of chit chat their ride has arrived.
Problem with using Uber or Lyft could be the "return" trip from the initial destination back to "base."

How do you tip the driver? Or do you? Originally Posted by ck1942
don't originate from home base and don't terminate exactly at the incall.

Uber drivers cannot accept tips.