I Recieved My First Warning

Yesterday I replied to a question left for me in the Austin Review section a few months ago. I don't frequent Austin often so I don't check the Austin forum often. Today I received my first warning. It was for bumping a thread where over 30 days had past since last post.

I can take my lumps like a man (lol), but why not just close older posts? What am I missing?
They're volunteers, man. They can't do everything. We have to do a little bit of self-policing.

I received a warning several years ago for something I thought was a bit unfair. I let it drop. Live and learn.
John Clark.. the bad boy in you is turning me on LOL

You still have the greatest avatar ever!
Dude, man up! Everyone that's been here any length of time knows that rule. You broke it. I'm sure the "warning" was a slap on the wrist at worst. Suck it up and move on. To make a thread based on this, when technically you were in the wrong, is what is wrong with this country. Everyone thinks they should get special privileges or that the rules shouldn't apply to them or that their case is special. Move the effe on.

On the other hand you did turn Melannie on. Wish I could do something, anything, that would do that.
Yeah! Way to complain like a man about your lumps!

edit: Your avatar is quite apropos for this thread!

Yesterday I replied to a question left for me in the Austin Review section a few months ago. I don't frequent Austin often so I don't check the Austin forum often. Today I received my first warning. It was for bumping a thread where over 30 days had past since last post.

I can take my lumps like a man (lol), but why not just close older posts? What am I missing? Originally Posted by johnclark

There's a difference between the two:

Infractions are given to replies on reviews over 30 days old.

This doesn't count toward bumping actual thread topics.

Yea it sucks to get points but the guidelines are posted for many good reasons.

As a side note and acknowledging TinMan's response, the board staff is a volunteer team. They have limited time and efforts to devote to the online drama and trying to keep the inmates from running the asylum.

Anyhoo ... life goes on.

Tin Man is right. They are volunteers, so unless you are somehow piling up the points and don't know why, just let it go.

They are volunteers AND humans.....
Points are usually salsa flavored, enjoy them.
I feel bad that I don't always have points. Yes, they Are volunteers which I appreciate...but pushing the edges does push the advancement.

So many other things can be programmed to happen automatically when using computers. It seems logical to me that review forums can be programmed to close when the thirty day no post period has passed.
You are quite the rebel aren't ya... A real hell raiser!

I couldn't resist. But really... almost 4 years, and you got a warning? You'll be alright man.
Attached Images File Type: jpg I-do-what-I-want-1.jpg (156.4 KB, 411 views)

So many other things can be programmed to happen automatically when using computers. It seems logical to me that review forums can be programmed to close when the thirty day no post period has passed. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist
That would likely require paying someone with the programming skills to do it. I'm sure each of us could come up with a list of things we'd rather have the owner spend money on wrt this site before that particular feature is considered.
Points are usually salsa flavored, enjoy them. Originally Posted by pyramider
Yes with long trips to mexico.
heh !
lol.. Only a warning?
Got pointed..banned..falsely accused...at the end I still continued my hobby..
Just make sure ur favorite ladies know ur email and/or tel #... Incase u get banned and pm don't work..