7' 7" Manute Bol dead at 47

Former NBA star one of the tallest to ever play the game, Manute Bol is dead at the age of 47. After ending his career in the NBA Bol settled into life in Kansas City. Rest In Peace.
It's sad to see a gentleman pass away at such a young age. He had committed much of his post-NBA career to improving the lives of people in his native Sudan. RIP.
It's sad to see a gentleman pass away at such a young age. He had committed much of his post-NBA career to improving the lives of people in his native Sudan. RIP. Originally Posted by fritz3552
Couldn't agree more. Too often athletes are so self-absorbed, none would think of doing the things this gentle giant did in life. RIP Manute.
It is indeed sad when the world loses such a caring individual. RIP Manute Bol
What caused his death? Was it heart related? I think tall guys usually die early because the heart has to pump that blood so high in the air. It takes a toll. Small guys have problems due to smaller blood vessels.

EDIT: I just found that it was acute kidney failure and Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (where your skin dies and falls apart! Ewww.) Poor guy.
  • Modda
  • 06-20-2010, 05:27 AM
RIP
He was a nice man, and unlike many of his former teammates and fellow NBA players actually made a difference in many many lives. It's sad I didn't know of his work before he died.

I realize this is tasteless and possibly vulgar or morbid but... where does one go to get a coffin for such a tall person?
he was quite the humanitarian and gave much of what he made to his home country and other countries in Africa RIP Manute
  • KCJoe
  • 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
I heard that a custom made 8' coffin was made. As mentioned before, I heard he was a very beloved individual and a great humanitarian. The NBA could use a few more players like him.
rip