BP CEO Goes Yachting

BP CEO goes to yachting races

Is this a big deal?

My opinion... NOPE!!!

Unless he has the ability to swim down and plug the pipe leaking the oil, then this is irrelevant. I'm sure he has a cell phone handy if BP needs to get a hold of him. I think he has made some pretty insensitive comments, but the man does not have to completely shut off his life because of the spill. I would tend to speculate that the man probably needs a day off... and possibly needs to get laid.
I'm sure that someone will object so I will remind them the the head of the EPA did not cut his Colorado river rafting when the leak happened, Obama took a vacation to Hawaii, the person responsible for the Gulf of Mexico was on vacation and did not end it, Obama took a few days off again, Obama had a gala at the White House twice, and while the CEO of BP was attending a BP sponsored yachting event Obama played Golf again.
Not saying anything but wasn't there quite a discussion about Bush going on vacation?
While I have a fundamental disagreement politically with the Bamster, I do not see what the problem is with the President of the U.S. having a day of relaxation or a week's vacation. It's not like he can't be reached if there's a crisis or they need to get his opinion or decision on something. The only ones who have a problem with anyone taking a vacation are the media - they plant the perception that because someone goes on vacation or takes a day off that that individual does not care. Do they think that by staring at a monitor watching an oil leak that it will make any difference? This is only an issue if you want to make it an issue. It's no big deal.
Papa its all about the demonization of BP, then the political operatives will began making the connection between the GOP and BP just in time for the election. The mad turned his duties for the spill over to someone else, I believe this was at the directive of the whitehouse and was part of the 20 billion deal. If it was not the whitehouse it was deffinately the BP board who wanted his mouth off the media circut, the man is an idiot when dealing with the media. But to answer your question, no it does not matter, but the media needs a story, the Democrats need a devil. To quote Rham Emanual "never let a crisis go to waste".

JG you are right, Bush was pounded for taking a vacation during the Katrina situation.

Frits I agree with you, and Papa, the president should be able to take time off without being pounded by the media and political operatives. He cannot physically stop the leak and for christ sake we trust him to be able to launch nukes while away away from the white house, I am sure he can monitor the gulf from where ever he is. Papa your right, there is nothing the BP CEO can do physically so in my opinion there is not story.
I'm sure that someone will object so I will remind them the the head of the EPA did not cut his Colorado river rafting when the leak happened, Obama took a vacation to Hawaii, the person responsible for the Gulf of Mexico was on vacation and did not end it, Obama took a few days off again, Obama had a gala at the White House twice, and while the CEO of BP was attending a BP sponsored yachting event Obama played Golf again.
Not saying anything but wasn't there quite a discussion about Bush going on vacation? Originally Posted by john_galt

That wasn't the question. Instead you chose a preemptive response to throw this thread off topic. You do seem to do that often though. I expect more from someone that has 220 college credit hours. I also expect more from someone that has the uncanny ability to judge other nation's health care from a ship off the nation's coast.
Frankly, I heard he was relieved of his duties in the Gulf, so it should really make no difference to anyone if he goes on vacation either now or before that.

Personally, it kind of made me ill to hear him whine about not having a life anymore though. It seems to me if he needed a break he should have just taken one and kept that little bit of bad timing and poor choice of words between himself and his boss.
galt ever post you don't have to bring up obama common stop that hater shit
galt ever post you don't have to bring up obama common stop that hater shit Originally Posted by Cheaper2buyit
Fuck you, Obama
fritz so sorry you have a dead end job & feel that the prez will make your sorry life worst get a blow job it might make you feel better
Not saying anything but wasn't there quite a discussion about Bush going on vacation? Originally Posted by john_galt

not to mention Obama had a night out watching the Nationals/White Sox game in a luxury box.

Who cares he went to a yacht race, and like mentioned before its not like he could have snorkeled down and capped the leak instead that day. the media are a bunch of hypocrites and only choose to do stories that help this weak ass administration.
Well, Cheaper is the only one here making any sense. A blow job will make everything better.
The guy needs a breather like everyone else. It makes for good media coverage and adds to the outrage. People are struggling because of the spill and they see him and his $700,000 toy and it pisses them off more. I don't see anything wrong with it but it was not a good move on his part with all the media watching his every move.
Cheaper it is not being a hater (I really hate modern hip hop misspeak) to merely list the facts. Hatred is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Don't be so defensive.
Cheaper it is not being a hater (I really hate modern hip hop misspeak) to merely list the facts. Hatred is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Don't be so defensive. Originally Posted by john_galt
Maybe Cheaper is being defensive because you're talking down to us. I thought he explained his point very well, but I'll try to translate it into elitist-speak for you:

President Obama is not the source of all of the world's problems. It is clear that you don't like him, but you don't need to demonize him in every thread.
Maybe Cheaper is being defensive because you're talking down to us. I thought he explained his point very well, but I'll try to translate it into elitist-speak for you:

President Obama is not the source of all of the world's problems. It is clear that you don't like him, but you don't need to demonize him in every thread. Originally Posted by BiggestBest
I think a lot of this is payback, some feel as if Bush was not the source of the worlds problems, but no one had a problem demonizing him. This is not my stance, but I believe it may be partially to blame for some of the anti obama sentiment.