Where do you get your news source?

I am just curious to know what media outlets do you guys trust and/or do you get most of your information from? I remember growing up there were 3 major news anchors: Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, and Peter Jennings. What I enjoyed about those news reporters were that they pretty much just gave you news without any bias whatsoever. Nowadays we have 24 hour news coverage and a lot of the news is favorited to the right or left: For example Fox News claims it's fair and balanced but it's obvious that they are a conservative oriented I mean when is the last time you heard anyhting positive on Fox news of Obama?
MSNBC is a liberal news media that pretty much points out the bad elements of the GOP- it's a great station if you want to hear or view Conservatives getting hammered.
CNN, I bvelieve is a station that tries to play down the middle without leaning too much to the left or right.
I personally like to get my sources from NPR which is as neutral as you can get IMHO. I honestly think both MSNBC and Fox news are doing Americans a disservice by reporting such one-sided views, however, as it stands right now- Fox news is the bigger culprit of the two since their main agenda right now is to point out every fault of Obama until they fet another GOP in office.
local news mostly, but national cable, FOX News.
... I personally like to get my sources from NPR which is as neutral as you can get IMHO. I honestly think both MSNBC and Fox news are doing Americans a disservice by reporting such one-sided views, however, as it stands right now- Fox news is the bigger culprit of the two since their main agenda right now is to point out every fault of Obama until they fet another GOP in office. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Frankly, it doesn't get much more liberal than NPR.

According to polls, FOXnews is the LEAST BIASED as explained by anchor Megyn Kelly (about 90 seconds into this clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2H-_7xZx1E

And did I mention that FOXnews has ... Megyn Kelly?
Eccie.net!
Frankly, it doesn't get much more liberal than NPR.

According to polls, FOXnews is the LEAST BIASED as explained by anchor Megyn Kelly (about 90 seconds into this clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2H-_7xZx1E Originally Posted by BiggestBest
Well, BB, you and I agree about NPR, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not a regular fan or viewer of any network or cable news channel because of their bias, whether that be left-leaning or right-leaning. I would add that to me, MSNBC stands for MicroSoft National Barack Channel and CNN still stands for the Clinton News Network.

My source for news are the network websites, FOX, CNN, MSNBC and good old Larry Moore on ABC in KC and Jack Harry!
I have to point out the polling that Fox News was the most fair but don't take my word for it. Hillary and Barack both said that they had been treated very fair by Fox and Hillary said that Fox was the fairest of the news outlets.

Fox News
Drudge Report (which is linked to ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NYTs, WSJ, FOX, NPR, AP, Reuters, UK Sun, International Herald Tribune, etc)
Local Fox affiliate
Wall Street Journal
Breitbart (Big Journalism, Big Government, Big Hollywood)
Die Welt (working on my German) http://www.welt.de/
the Jerusalem Post
CNN
NPR
  • KCJoe
  • 06-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I like watching NBC nightly news for TV. MSCBC.com and Huffington Post on the internet.

FOX News may be fair, but not always the most accurate.
s-FOLEY-large.jpg

FoxPieChart.jpg
"For example Fox News claims it's fair and balanced but it's obvious that they are a conservative oriented I mean when is the last time you heard anyhting positive on Fox news of Obama?"

Welledowed you might watch it sometime you might be suprized to hear Bill Orieily,
Geraldo Rivera, and Alan Colmbs, Juan (former NPR guy), pretty fair towards Obama.

To answer your question, I watch :

Fox
MSNBC
CNN
Local News

I listen to

NPR
Shannon and (cant remember his name) local AM

To properly inform oneselve one should listen to both sides of the argument and then learn that the truth lies in the middle.
freerepublic.com or sports radio

I've been a far right thinker for 30 years and tried my father's advice to view news from many different sources before coming to conclusions but to tell you the truth I cannot stomach the fear factor and the doom-&-gloom feelings I get when I watch news. It may be the visual factor in that I am a visually driven emotionite. Therefore, I read and can pass easily if it is too deep or dark.

I know the end of the world is coming but I don't want to hear about it, I just want to be surprised and hopefully I am orgasmically discharged from this life!
My primary news providers are ESPN and BET.
I stopped watching the TV news channels, both national and local, about the time the 2008 election cycle started (which was in 2006). With my cell phone and computer I can read the headlines from the KC Star and the websites of the local channels without listening to the reporting from the correspondents, which eliminates my having to listen to biases from either side. And I also view the Drudge Report so I can look at the headlines and choose which articles I would like to read.

DD - you're thinking of the "Shanin and Parks" radio show from 2 - 6 on KMBZ.
KCJoe - good catch on the Fox News blunders. I hope you will also point out similar mistakes on MSNBC and CNN.
WellEndowed - the reason Fox News seems to be conservative in their leaning is because this seems to be the only outlet where conservatives have a voice in both commentators and guests. Try finding a conservative on CNN or MSNBC - I think you'll be looking hard for maybe 1 or 2 on each channel. As DD pointed out, Fox News has commentators who have liberal or moderates in Greta Van Susteren, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera and Alan Colmes; libertarians in John Stossel, Andrew Napolitano and Glenn Beck; and conservatives in Sean Hannity, Neil Cavuto and Brit Hume. And, contrary to what has been portrayed, Bill O'Reilly is the most-watched news program on cable and he is a right down the middle of the road moderate out there - he does express and agrees with both conservative and liberal ideas on a variety different topics.
I don't have cable, and whenever I spend any amount of time someplace with cable news...it gets old REAL fast. Network news, sift through headlines at Drudge Report, and web-sites of the cable news giants.
I believe that NPR is not that biased. I have heard them rough up and ask tough questions of both sides. Excellent reporters. Might be deemed biased in the some of the non news programming entertainment areas.

PBS with Jim Lehrer is strictly news and the BBC is also great and focused on facts and news.
I believe that NPR is not that biased. I have heard them rough up and ask tough questions of both sides. Excellent reporters. Might be deemed biased in the some of the non news programming entertainment areas.

PBS with Jim Lehrer is strictly news and the BBC is also great and focused on facts and news. Originally Posted by catnipdipper
I agree- I never viewed NPR as being Liberal I have seen both sides getting hammered on NPR.
Also, Fox news fair and balanced??? i mean come onlet's be honest. If they do have a Democratic guest he/she will get hammered and every time that Democratic guest makes an accurate reply or comment that get cut off or interrupted. Even when Hannity had his show with Combs- it was very obvious that Hannity was always portrayed as the weaker one of the two. Now MSNBC Keith Olbermann is surely one sided to the left and so is his program- ditto to Rachel Maddow. I find Chris Matthews watchable although you know he's liberal he's not afraid to dish it out with Republicans or at least go face to face with them just my 2 cents.
When I did have cable, I found Fox the most fair...sure they leaned to the right, but not as much as others lean to the left. Besides the obvious opinion programs, like Juan Williams, there are the subtle decisions on what stories to report, how often, etc...and sometimes a newsreader will let the window to his soul open a little with ad-lib commentary. This is how we know Shephard Smith leans to the left. The morning crew has always leaned right. Nobody can help it if Hannity turned out to be more charismatic than Colmes. OReilly is portrayed as a conservative...but you could never convince a conservative of that.

But, its not the type of argument where you are going to convince anyone any differently. If somebody thinks Fox is too conservative, there is no way to change their mind.

Now MSNBC has become cartoonishly liberal...and their ratings reflect that. I think in recent years CNN has tried to be more fair, but cannot escape the damage of some of their famous Peter Arnett hit pieces of old.

I find NPR interesting, because they do have stories that nobody else has, so I listen. But, if you pay attention to their 'starting point' on stories, it is clear they are liberal. I watched a PBS round table on Sunday (with NPR people). They were talking about the oil spill. The conversation for a solid 20 minutes revolved around what Obama needed to do to protect himself politically from the spill. There was no discussion on the merits of how he had handled the spill...only what his strategy needed to be to 'handle' the situation. Its subtle, but the 'starting point' of their conversation in informative.