References

Hi everyone. I'm new to ECCIE and to the hobbyist life. I noticed that some providers require references. If I don't have any references how would I aquire them? Thanks for your help
v/r
David
Hi everyone. I'm new to ECCIE and to the hobbyist life. I noticed that some providers require references. If I don't have any references how would I aquire them? Thanks for your help
v/r
David Originally Posted by DavidB357
You'll have to find someone who is newbie friendly. Also, you could call the provider you're interested in and discuss your situation with them and maybe you can work out screening by something other than references.
I've given that some thought. What I'm afraid of is admitting to being a newbie myself and getting taken advantage of. I tried seeing a provider once and was robbed. I'm giving the hobby another chance and hope to not experience that again.
Was the provider that robbed you a Arkansas provider? Maybe backpage?

Like others said find a newbie provider. I just recently seen on Roxy's website she offers dinner dates, maybe that's a option to get your feet wet.
Was the provider that robbed you a Arkansas provider? Maybe backpage? Originally Posted by Worldtravler
Yeah if you stick to a well reviewed Eccie girl, the chances of that go way down.
Yes, it was an Arkansas provider and the ad was on BP. I joined ECC for that exact reason- find more reliable ladies who provide better service. Maybe I'm just too picky about who I want to spend my time with, but I haven't found a provider here yet that jumps out at me. I'm still looking though and I'm sure I'll find someone.
All of us go through this and it can be frustrating. But it's not complicated. Spend some time here so the ladies can learn something about your personality. Join p411, which makes the screening process easier for everybody. Find some newbie friendly ladies. Write a few reviews and get some p411 OKs. I only started a year ago and those things are gold that will help you open the gates to the other ladies. And stay off of BP. You don't even want to be tempted to go that route and it likely won't help you much with the quality ladies on eccie anyway.
All of us go through this and it can be frustrating. But it's not complicated. Spend some time here so the ladies can learn something about your personality. Join p411, which makes the screening process easier for everybody. Find some newbie friendly ladies. Write a few reviews and get some p411 OKs. I only started a year ago and those things are gold that will help you open the gates to the other ladies. And stay off of BP. You don't even want to be tempted to go that route and it likely won't help you much with the quality ladies on eccie anyway. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Words to live by....thank you very much for the advice. I should have known better than to use BP, but temptation got the better of me.
Join p411
If the girl's only screening is "are you a cop?", you want to run fast. She is too dumb to mess with. One of the newer girls trying to get reviewed, or who has just broken into the business might be a little more patient with you and verify you some other way.

As for getting robbed, start off by not carrying anymore cash than you can afford to lose. If you still get robbed, be glad that losing your money is all that happened. Leave your wallet, all keys except your car keys, and any jewelry in your trunk. Don't go in there trying to impress someone with your money, she won't be. Trust your instincts as best you can. Be alert to the area and where you go. Don't fall for the old give 'em your money and then they have to leave to buy rubbers, smokes, beer, etc. routine. If they need something, ask for your money back until they return. Better yet, ask for your money back and leave.

Back Page might be a possibility. There are some very nice ladies who post there as just one more advertising venue. Be aware though that a lot of the trouble starts on Back Page too, so do you homework and be careful. If she looks like a Victoria Secret model and charges $100, chances are that you are in for a rude surprise.
When looking for a newbie-friendly provider, you'll also want to make sure that she's a reputable provider with an established history with reviews, or the more established ladies will not take her references anyway. A bad reference is just as detrimental as no reference, IMO.

The respected newbie-friendly provider may not be exactly who you have your sights set on, but you'll have to adjust your initial expectations if you want to get an acceptable reference.

Preferred411 membership is my most valued screening tool, and it's the wisest money a hobbyist can spend IMO. It gives you instant credibility, stores your references in an easy to view format, and expedites the screening process. Highly recommended!
When looking for a newbie-friendly provider, you'll also want to make sure that she's a reputable provider with an established history with reviews, or the more established ladies will not take her references anyway. A bad reference is just as detrimental as no reference, IMO.

The respected newbie-friendly provider may not be exactly who you have your sights set on, but you'll have to adjust your initial expectations if you want to get an acceptable reference.

Preferred411 membership is my most valued screening tool, and it's the wisest money a hobbyist can spend IMO. It gives you instant credibility, stores your references in an easy to view format, and expedites the screening process. Highly recommended! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
VERY well said Ginger!!
VERY well said Ginger!! Originally Posted by Felina
Thank you, Felina!
Victoria Secret Model on BP....Hum Ginger,Roxy,Saralynn,BabyDalla ss just a few and all the rest are scam artist.
Thanks for all the advice. Especially from the ladies; it's good to hear from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak....no insult intended It's also good to hear from seamingly down to earth real people. Thanks again all.