free range kids

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-just...113313748.html

its a shame to have pass a law so parents don't go to jail for having free range kids. stuff that was routine more than 50 years ago!!!
I don't recall there being a lot mass / school shootings from the generation that grew up as 'free range' kids. Nor do I recall many of the concerns and issues. I've debated this with some of my neighbors. Interesting views out there....and then you see how different families kids are turning out. You can see where the hovering parent thing creates fucked up kids.
I don't recall there being a lot mass / school shootings from the generation that grew up as 'free range' kids. Nor do I recall many of the concerns and issues. I've debated this with some of my neighbors. Interesting views out there....and then you see how different families kids are turning out. You can see where the hovering parent thing creates fucked up kids. Originally Posted by bigwill832
the education system is also part of that problem.

the teachers back then were very strict and the parents & principal backed the teacher over the kid. now its the reverse; its teacher vs. parents & principal over the kid.
  • WTF
  • 04-04-2018, 08:14 AM
Dildo must have been a free range chicken.
Dildo must have been a free range chicken. Originally Posted by bamscram
so were you
so were you Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
what a snippy comeback.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-just...113313748.html

its a shame to have pass a law so parents don't go to jail for having free range kids. stuff that was routine more than 50 years ago!!! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I am 60, I think in some ways I grew up "Free Range". The elementary School I went to was just blocks away from my neighborhood. All of us kids in the neighborhood would walk to school together. I remember mothers on the door step in their house coats would just wave to us as we walked by. I started taking the Bus when I entered Jr. High and then we would all walk to the bus stop together. For Halloween groups of kids would walk throughout the neighborhood "Trick or Treating" no parents in sight. I remember my brother and I and a few of our friends would walk all over the place. During that time no cell phones my mother never seemed to worry that much. I look back on it now, I think I had a great childhood. Kids today don't have what we had back then, we had each other.

Jim
Originally Posted by WTF
Dildo must have been a free range chicken. Originally Posted by bamscram
Leave it the village idiots to chime in with ßomething stupid I guess we can start calling you two the chimp butt brothers
I don't recall there being a lot mass / school shootings from the generation that grew up as 'free range' kids. Nor do I recall many of the concerns and issues. I've debated this with some of my neighbors. Interesting views out there....and then you see how different families kids are turning out. You can see where the hovering parent thing creates fucked up kids. Originally Posted by bigwill832
Not just that, but back in the 50s even into the 60s, we routinely saw kids in schools have rifles (for going hunting after class) and on drill squads (again with rifles) on campuses, and saw NONE of these shootings like we do these days.. So its NOT THE EVIL GUNS that are the problem.

the education system is also part of that problem.

the teachers back then were very strict and the parents & principal backed the teacher over the kid. now its the reverse; its teacher vs. parents & principal over the kid. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Too true. As a kid, I remember well, several times getting spanked in school, for screwing up, THEN GETTING home and mom doing it again, and the next day, her going into school and THANKING the teacher for disciplining me on the spot.
These days the parents are liable to SUE a teacher just for simply not giving their special one, an A when his GRADES deserve a bloody D!
The idea that children, adolescents, and teens, not yet of legal age, must be supervised at all times or it is considered child endangerment is a product of the leftist mentality of the nanny state.
Of course we all understand the necessity of liberal leftists needing somebody to always take care of them and protect them, not only from others but from their own stupidity as well. Leftists need constant supervision to have any hope that they will not do harm to themselves or others yet they get to vote just like they were normal sane people. No wonder we are in such a quagmire of laws that are designed to continuously infringe upon or liberty and freedom.
  • WTF
  • 04-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Leftists need constant supervision to have any hope that they will not do harm to themselves or others yet they get to vote just like they were normal sane people. No wonder we are in such a quagmire of laws that are designed to continuously infringe upon or liberty and freedom. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Stfu with that one sided blame game....that actually is the problem. Both sides love the nanny state .
Idiot.
The idea that children, adolescents, and teens, not yet of legal age, must be supervised at all times or it is considered child endangerment is a product of the leftist mentality of the nanny state.
Of course we all understand the necessity of liberal leftists needing somebody to always take care of them and protect them, not only from others but from their own stupidity as well. Leftists need constant supervision to have any hope that they will not do harm to themselves or others yet they get to vote just like they were normal sane people. No wonder we are in such a quagmire of laws that are designed to continuously infringe upon or liberty and freedom. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
We had a family of free range children, with no parental supervision. They may or man not attend school smoked drank alcohol had good times.
They did have some adult supervision as they were always stealing shit.
^^^ retard in wheelchair ^^^

posts on ECC. drinks and drives.

bahaahaaaaaa