Sobriety

Though I'm sure many of you will read about it later (Eccie just narrowly loses to Twitter when it comes to top redirecting sites to my blog - you guys are just TOO kind to give me all that attention!), today makes two years sober from alcohol for me.

A lot of Johns I meet through the hobby are sober as well and it's always nice to find a connection like that in a world like this - for me, anyway.

So, anyone else celebrating sobriety milestones? Anyone else living one day at a time?

If so,

Happy Monday!

Love
EFN
Though I'm sure many of you will read about it later (Eccie just narrowly loses to Twitter when it comes to top redirecting sites to my blog - you guys are just TOO kind to give me all that attention!), today makes two years sober from alcohol for me.

A lot of Johns I meet through the hobby are sober as well and it's always nice to find a connection like that in a world like this - for me, anyway.

So, anyone else celebrating sobriety milestones? Anyone else living one day at a time?

If so,

Happy Monday!

Love
EFN Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
Congratulations!! Keep it going.
Congrats
I've always had enough self control so I never let booze control me. I enjoy an adult beverage when I choose to do so.
Like a Texas tea? ;-)
Xoxo
Congrats on 2 yrs.
I was raised by an alcoholic mom and in a barroom so I am very careful about what I drink most times.
my father was a ragging drunk for 50+ years, stopped drinking and died 6 months later due to liver cancer.. so moral of the story, after 50 years why bother
I've always had enough self control Originally Posted by Still Looking
How nice for you. But, of course, alcoholism is a disease.

Congratulations to the OP on this achievement.
True, but I'm pretty sure if you don't drink, it doesn't make a difference. There's a lot of things that are clinically addictive.
Super Congratulations!
Congrats, when will your blood alcohol level sink to sober status ???

So, anyone else celebrating sobriety milestones? Anyone else living one day at a time? ...
Originally Posted by Electricfeelnow
A big congrats on the sobriety. For the record, a lot of people involved with the program, or actively working on their sobriety, prefer to do so privately.

But I'm always so thrilled to hear of someone making it for such a length of time!

I have a question for you, though. And I've noticed this in other posts.

Why do you refer to your client base as "Johns?" It seems so disrespectful and also, in a way, very archaic.

I prefer "friends" or clients. Or something other than that word.

Just curious. I rarely see that word used except by newscasters or people who just don't know better although I know that you do not fall into that category.

Again, congrats and good luck on the continuing journey.

Best,
Elisabeth
Congrats EFN! Any advise a train wreck like yourself wants to give to the community??? Chooo, choo! 🚂💨
Congratulations!
Quitters never win.....