When the Real World makes you think about the Hobby

So I'm at work looking at a database when I almost rolled into the floor laughing. One of the column names in one of the tables is PROVIDER_NAME and I think toy myself.... Hhhhmmmm... I need to see if I've seen any of these ladies...

Would I have found any of you ladies???

:mf_laughbounc e:
We have a system with the name CIM
We have a system with the name CIM Originally Posted by Submit2masterj
LMAO
I can't order a creampie shake from Sonic and keep a straight face... "Yes, I'd like to order a shake, the Banana Creampie...errr a large?"

"One large creampie coming up!"

Carhop arrives... "You ordered a large creampie?"

"Can I get a burger too? Extra, extra mayo, and a straw for my creampie?"

I keep seeing a truck for a freight company called B.F.S and can't help but snicker.
I work part time for a title company. I have to maintain composure whenever I'm having someone sign off on their GFE (Good Faith Estimate).
"The Catholic Store" in Coppell
Too funny Kitty
I’ve learned that depending on someone’s circumstances, just about everyone has a price. I see some civi girls and wonder their price.
I wrote IOP instead of IPO once in a email about a private company I'm putting capital in. The business partner wrote back asking if I meant IPO. I guess he doesn't hobby because I would have to crack a joke or something.
"The Catholic Store" in Coppell Originally Posted by pashunfroot
Right next to APEX Massage, 😂
Airline counter: would you like to upgrade ?
When programming industrial automation systems, one of the PLC coding instructions is BSL (Bit Shift Left). You have no idea how many times I type BLS when coding that instruction...

Also, we once had a job that involved three PLCs. Our client insisted that they had to be named "L1, L2, and L3". Yep. You got it. The simplest one to program was L1, followed by L2, with L3 being the most complex (and the most expensive). I always wondered if that factory owner was in the hobby. The bad part was, I had to keep a straight face about it for the entire project.

(FYI, PLC = Programmable Logic Controllers - the specialized computers that actually run most factories these days.)
I like this thread because y'all shared some tidbits of your personal lives and jobs....
A place on Camp Bowie with a sign out front touting "Massage and Facials" brings back memories of an establishment formerly located a few blocks away.

Somehow, though, I don't think "massages" and "facials" have the same meaning.

Both are not too far from a "full-service salon" where bluesgirl/Debbie/slowhanddeb used to offer a different kind of "full service" in a back room.