Provider Logic

This question has come up many times before and I should know better than to ask. But can somebody explain Provider Logic to me???

Let me give you some back story and yes, I already know the usual answers. A local Provider I know was getting a bit overly needy (contacting me for non-Hobby things, expecting me to leave my job during work hours to assist her & provide funding for future services that never materialized). It got to the point where I had had it with her and cut her off. Now mind you I had known her for several Years and things had been "ok" until her Father died, then things went sideways.

About Six Months goes by and I hadn't heard anything from her (I did not try to contact her at all during this time period). Then I saw a post by her regarding moving and foolishly PM'd her asking if she needed help with relocating. She responds back that she could use an hour appointment from me to help her get the Deposit and First Months Rent. I didn't rise to that since I knew better than to see her again.

About two Weeks later I get a Text from her out of the blue asking me If I wanted to schedule an hour appointment with her. I ask her what's going on and she claims that she needs the Money for a Motel room because she & her Significant Other (whom I have never heard of or seen in the 5 Years I have known her) got into an argument that got physical. So concerned for her Safety I foolishly front her $ for a room. When I drop the Money off she tries to show me a bruise from the supposed altercation. Later when I check ECCIE, I see a review by a guy that saw her the same day I dropped the Money off. She had him pay for a room at the local hourly no tell motel and did a hh appointment with him.

About a Week later as I am getting ready for work. My phone starts to get blown up by calls & texts from her that she is in Trouble and needs me to come and pick her up and bring her some cash (big red flag right)? So again, concerned about her Safety I go and pick her up. When I get there she claims that an unnamed "Somebody" dragged her name into "something" and that two guys have been following her around in a car all night. And then her immediate concern turned to "did I bring her something". I told her that since I was mostly concerned about her Safety and coming to get her. That I hadn't had time to stop by the Bank. So she has me go to the Bank and pull Sixty dollars out of the ATM and take her on a couple of errands that end with us back at her place. She has me come upstairs because she feels the need to be serviced. I go because at that point she owes me for the equivalent of an hour appointment and I figure its now or never if I am going to get anything for what's been invested. We do about a hh (I still have to get to work). I suggest coming back later after work for the rest of the hour. She agrees, however she blows me off later that day.

She posts that she still needs $$$$$$$$ for the move while trolling for clients. So I contact her and suggest an act I know that she has refused to do in the past. And she agrees to do it for $$$$. She contacts me the day of the appointment and asks if I can advance her $$ on the appointment scheduled for 5 pm (its 8 am). So I drop the Money off and proceed to go about my day. At 3:30 pm I receive a Text that she has unexpected company and can we reschedule. We agree on 4:30 pm the next day. I text her at 11:30 am the next day. She says we should be good for 4:30. About 3:30 I receive a text from her saying that her company hasn't left yet. I was busy and didn't respond until after 4:30 pm and asked when she would like to reschedule for, No answer. I check ECCIE and she has posted an Ad in the Weekend section saying that she is available Fri - Sun. So since I have already decided that its not going to be worth it to chase her. I wait to see if she has any intention of trying to contact me to honor our appointment. The answer to that would be a "No". It's been 5 days and not a word from her. She posted another Ad today that she will be available Mon - Thursday. And yes, I have decided to go back to my original plan of not contacting her and moving on to other more reliable (and much better service) Providers.

But back to the Logic question. Why would someone go out of their way to burn a long time regular client who knows all kinds of real World info about them (she even told me where she is moving to)? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. But then again trying to figure out the logic of Women (Providers or not) is near impossible and if you throw in some other external influences it can be downright vexing.
[QUOTE= Why would someone go out of their way to burn a long time regular client who knows all kinds of real World info about them (she even told me where she is moving to)? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. [/QUOTE]

Because it seems to work.... you give her money...BD
Can't argue with Ben. She seems to be the ultimate user. Your "concern" for her was the tag that allowed her to get money most of the time. It seems you liked her as a person and she liked you as an ATM. I would cut her off like a bad stock investment. Take care my man and by all means just fuck em and forget em. They do the same to you until they need a few bucks. It's a business.
True, this is what I get for being a "Nice Guy" (ok, chump) and feeling sorry for her. She also probably figures that since I let her get away with it before that she could do it to me again. I should have stuck to my original intent of never contacting or seeing her again.

However this is not the first Provider that has done this type of thing. I just can't follow the Logic of ripping off your known regular clients and permanently losing them. Granted they probably figure there will be a line of Twenty other guys to take their place. But word does get around even if they move and reinvent themselves.
True, this is what I get for being a "Nice Guy" (ok, chump) and feeling sorry for her. She also probably figures that since I let her get away with it before that she could do it to me again. I should have stuck to my original intent of never contacting or seeing her again.

However this is not the first Provider that has done this type of thing. I just can't follow the Logic of ripping off your known regular clients and permanently losing them. Granted they probably figure there will be a line of Twenty other guys to take their place. But word does get around even if they move and reinvent themselves. Originally Posted by RochBob
Write it off... Never forget that its a business.

Enjoy the Hobby part....

Don't try to figure out those girls that want to use you like that...just don't see them..go See the Pro's
But back to the Logic question. Why would someone go out of their way to burn a long time regular client who knows all kinds of real World info about them (she even told me where she is moving to)? Originally Posted by RochBob
Hmm...Why bring up knowing all kinds of Real World info? Not very "nice guy" of you.
Rbob knows what he needs to do.
To me, the question should be the OP's logic. I mean….come on!!!
To me, the question should be the OP's logic. I mean….come on!!! Originally Posted by samantha thom
That's what I was thinking....you beat me to it!
That's what I was thinking....you beat me to it! Originally Posted by studlee
+1
I believe all providers look at us as an unlimited atm machine. If her old man was kicking her ass she is on her own. Call the cops. All this girl sounds like to me is a street walker with a smartphone. That's why you keep a hobby phone. Granted by this post you made you just gave her a way out of doing anything that she owes you for. That's her logic. The next time a provider calls you asking for money tell her this. "You better get it how you live"

And what was the act you knew she would refuse to do anyway????
I am so sorry this happened to you. It sounds as if you were generous and caring to a fault. I cannot explain her logic. I can tell you that is not a representation of all providers. However, providers like that turn gentleman into very unpleasant company. A snake eating it's own tail. Just like any occupation there are the good, the bad, and the very ugly.

I advise you to be kind and be generous but always ALWAYS be cautious. If you smell something rotten in the story you are served don't let her feed it to you. If you wish to help someone out use the saying "hand up not hand out" Avoid giving cash directly unless you are acquiring your services at time of delivery. If burned once assume you will be burned again and move on. Plenty of other providers out there that know how to treat a loyal gentleman.

Sometimes you feel responsible or concern but also keep in mind if you dig someone out of their own ditch, they never learn to stop digging their own ditch in the first place. Or for that matter learn to get themselves out of said ditch.

It is not a bad thing to be a good guy. It is not a bad thing to help out a friend. Just don't let yourself be taken advantage of. It's one thing if you offer a gift or thought with stated no strings, it's another thing entirely for her to call and continuously ask for handouts.

Again I am very sorry about your bad luck and hope you have better experiences in the future.
This question has come up many times before and I should know better than to ask. But can somebody explain Provider Logic to me???

Let me give you some back story and yes, I already know the usual answers. A local Provider I know was getting a bit overly needy (contacting me for non-Hobby things, expecting me to leave my job during work hours to assist her & provide funding for future services that never materialized). It got to the point where I had had it with her and cut her off. Now mind you I had known her for several Years and things had been "ok" until her Father died, then things went sideways.

About Six Months goes by and I hadn't heard anything from her (I did not try to contact her at all during this time period). Then I saw a post by her regarding moving and foolishly PM'd her asking if she needed help with relocating. She responds back that she could use an hour appointment from me to help her get the Deposit and First Months Rent. I didn't rise to that since I knew better than to see her again.

About two Weeks later I get a Text from her out of the blue asking me If I wanted to schedule an hour appointment with her. I ask her what's going on and she claims that she needs the Money for a Motel room because she & her Significant Other (whom I have never heard of or seen in the 5 Years I have known her) got into an argument that got physical. So concerned for her Safety I foolishly front her $ for a room. When I drop the Money off she tries to show me a bruise from the supposed altercation. Later when I check ECCIE, I see a review by a guy that saw her the same day I dropped the Money off. She had him pay for a room at the local hourly no tell motel and did a hh appointment with him.

About a Week later as I am getting ready for work. My phone starts to get blown up by calls & texts from her that she is in Trouble and needs me to come and pick her up and bring her some cash (big red flag right)? So again, concerned about her Safety I go and pick her up. When I get there she claims that an unnamed "Somebody" dragged her name into "something" and that two guys have been following her around in a car all night. And then her immediate concern turned to "did I bring her something". I told her that since I was mostly concerned about her Safety and coming to get her. That I hadn't had time to stop by the Bank. So she has me go to the Bank and pull Sixty dollars out of the ATM and take her on a couple of errands that end with us back at her place. She has me come upstairs because she feels the need to be serviced. I go because at that point she owes me for the equivalent of an hour appointment and I figure its now or never if I am going to get anything for what's been invested. We do about a hh (I still have to get to work). I suggest coming back later after work for the rest of the hour. She agrees, however she blows me off later that day.

She posts that she still needs $$$$$$$$ for the move while trolling for clients. So I contact her and suggest an act I know that she has refused to do in the past. And she agrees to do it for $$$$. She contacts me the day of the appointment and asks if I can advance her $$ on the appointment scheduled for 5 pm (its 8 am). So I drop the Money off and proceed to go about my day. At 3:30 pm I receive a Text that she has unexpected company and can we reschedule. We agree on 4:30 pm the next day. I text her at 11:30 am the next day. She says we should be good for 4:30. About 3:30 I receive a text from her saying that her company hasn't left yet. I was busy and didn't respond until after 4:30 pm and asked when she would like to reschedule for, No answer. I check ECCIE and she has posted an Ad in the Weekend section saying that she is available Fri - Sun. So since I have already decided that its not going to be worth it to chase her. I wait to see if she has any intention of trying to contact me to honor our appointment. The answer to that would be a "No". It's been 5 days and not a word from her. She posted another Ad today that she will be available Mon - Thursday. And yes, I have decided to go back to my original plan of not contacting her and moving on to other more reliable (and much better service) Providers.

But back to the Logic question. Why would someone go out of their way to burn a long time regular client who knows all kinds of real World info about them (she even told me where she is moving to)? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. But then again trying to figure out the logic of Women (Providers or not) is near impossible and if you throw in some other external influences it can be downright vexing. Originally Posted by RochBob

Didn't the fact that she started offering a fifty buck blow and go special raise more red flags for you?

Good god, man.......

elg.......
I don't think this is provider logic.... It's just user logic. This woman most likely uses and manipulates all the people in her life not just you. I hate to hear stories like this in the hobby and the real world. Situations like this can turn kind, decent men into bitter users themselves. Please stay a caring man, just stick with providers who have their act together and handle their business like professionals.
.... It's just user logic. This woman most likely uses and manipulates all the people in her life not just you. Originally Posted by Find Your Joy
Jaycee says it politely. Joy nails it bluntly.