Bad parts of Odessa?

Okay so Im visiting Odessa very soon, this will be my first trip ever. Ive done a very good job of reading through West Texas's forums, but please, if there's any particular parts of Odessa I should NOT stay in, please just post here and let me know!

I dont stay in cheap hotels and Im very discreet and screen, but still would like to know if there is any areas or hotels in Odessa to just stay away from.

Please, not looking for PM's (unless you must) just posts here and advice from Ladies or Gents familiar with the area is Greatly Appreciated, Thanks.
The MCM Elegante is a good hotel to stay at and Townplace suites is too. I would stay away from the south side of town
Dont stay at any of the cheap hotels on Business 20/Highway 80 - like the Days inn or Quality Inn stretch . They are all garbage hotels.

In Odessa ::
The 2 MCM hotels are good.
Other good Odessa hotels - Towneplace Marriott, Residence Inn Marriott , Hilton Garden Inn

Hope this helps.
Yes it does Guys Thanks!!
I would add the Comfort Inn on JBS. None of the nicer hotels are cheap and pre-booking is your friend!
Thanks so much Guys!

Lol, definitely not a "Days Inn" type of gal!
And of coarse, I always make reservations for my whole stay in advance!

..Id say its safe to say- Ive mastered Odessa now!
Now to figure out Midland next!
Better get those reservations made soon, you won't like what you find with hotel availability and prices in Midland/Odessa
Thank you so much (=

Yes, I have learned that the Hard way from touring other "Oil boom" cities like Williston North Dakota. If you want a room at all (and for sure if you want a nice one) Book early, and pay for your whole stay upon check in- or you'll end up without a room!

Again, Thanks Everyone! Ive came and gone now, and will be back!
One thing I really enjoyed about Odessa (and West Texas in general) is everyone is So nice! The Gentlemen I met, and anyone I came in contact with in that town, was so friendly and hospitable, just definitely all around a nice place to visit!