Is Bachmann a flake?

Well, ladies and germs,

Michele Bachmann is going to announce for president very soon, and almost immediately, she jumped into a statistical dead heat with Mitt Romney in Iowa.

Today on Fox News, Chris Wallace asked the new frunt (er) runner a number of questions.

Not disappointingly for anybody, our next GOP Candidate (please God) melted down and snapped poor Chris's ding dong off. Not only does she speak for the Tea Party, she threw his bales into the harbor!

At least Sarah P. would have at least given him a CHJ!

http://www.startribune.com/nation/124575423.html

What do YOU think of Madame President?
Flake? No. Bat shit crazy? Yes. Dangerous? Abso-fucking-lutely!
"Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions. She believes that the Chinese are plotting to replace the dollar bill, that light bulbs are killing our dogs and cats, and that God personally chose her to become both an IRS attorney who would spend years hounding taxpayers and a raging anti-tax Tea Party crusader against big government. She kicked off her unofficial presidential campaign in New Hampshire, by mistakenly declaring it the birthplace of the American Revolution. "It's your state that fired the shot that was heard around the world!" she gushed. "You are the state of Lexington and Concord, you started the battle for liberty right here in your backyard.""
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...y-war-20110622
What the hell happened with her? Last time I checked she was a nutcase who spouted nonsense so ridiculous there couldn't have been more than 10% of the population who took her at all seriously. Now she's performing well in polls and considered part of the pack with a legitimate shot at the nomination.

There's a good amount of people who are going to be against you when you take a strong stance. Fair enough. But this gal ain't just opinionated. She's flat out wacky. Surely, surely, surely when the majority of the Republican Party start paying attention her numbers will fall, right? Surely the Republican Party will prevent her from getting the nomination, right? Right?
Good pull, F-Sharp. I wonder why she didn't also mention that Massachusetts was also the state of universal healthcare?

Methinks they are desperate.

If Romney's numbers can't hold up against a bona fide harpy, what'll happen when our illustrious Governor gets in the race. Pray for America ... wait a sec! I think that's going to be Perry's platform!
Y'all probably already know about fivethirtyeight.com the go-to place for political poll analysis. Nate has Bachmann and Perry both at about a 12% chance to get the nomination, with Pawlenty 18% and Romney 40%, and the other 18% spread among Palin, Huntsman, Cain, Ryan, Christie, Bush.

If Mr. Perry were to announce this afternoon that he was running, I’d list him and Mr. Pawlenty at roughly equal odds to win the nomination. Both have traditional credentials and can appeal to a fairly large segment of the Republican electorate. Both have some geographic advantages. If Mr. Perry decides to run, he will be subject to more scrutiny than he is receiving currently. It is not obvious, for example, that Republican thought leaders will hold him in the same high regard that they do Mr. Pawlenty.
My view is that if Ms. Bachmann’s polling settles into the mid-teens, she will have elevated herself from being a wild card to being a legitimate contender for the Republican nomination. In fact, there is probably some upside in the numbers: her name recognition is not yet universal (62 percent of Republicans could identify her in the most recent round of Gallup polls), and as it grows, she may gain support from low-information voters who had previously expressed a preference for well-known politicians like Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich.

Ms. Bachmann could get lucky if the establishment vote is stalemated between two or more alternatives — for example, Mr. Romney and Mr. Pawlenty — while she monopolizes votes from the conservative wing.
It’s far from out of the question that she might pull it off.
Remember Carbon Dioxide is a harmless gas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxQZMSl-o0
Methinks they are desperate. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
They say liberals think of Obama as the messiah.

Now they say that if it worked for them................hmmmmmmmmm mm

http://www.politifact.com/personalit...nn/statements/

She is crazier than a shit-house rat. Plus I think they'll prove she has been eating at the subsidy trough, big time. Nothing illegal, just that she BSed about her all you can eat binge.
They say liberals think of Obama as the messiah. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
What liberals say this? All the liberals I know say he's the best Republican President we've had in fifty years.

He ain't no liberal.
He ain't no Democrat.
And he certainly ain't no progressive.
Yeah, but he also ain't batshit crazy!

• Booth
  • 06-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Is the word flake really adequate to describe this?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...yne/index.html
I think we need to get all we can out of this crazy biyatch now.

PERRY'S GONNA ANNOUNCE SOON.

Then, all bets are off!
  • Booth
  • 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Perry wouldn't dare announce before his evangelical circus performance in Houston, would he?
What liberals say this? All the liberals I know say he's the best Republican President we've had in fifty years.

He ain't no liberal.
He ain't no Democrat.
And he certainly ain't no progressive. Originally Posted by F-Sharp
They!! They say it!! They, the fringe conservative Tea-bagging Wingnuts.

The party that will dunk her 3 times in boiling water, then cast her aside.

Leaving her to lay there with a brown liquid draining from her ass.
They!! They say it!! They, the fringe conservative Tea-bagging Wingnuts.

The party that will dunk her 3 times in boiling water, then cast her aside.

Leaving her to lay there with a brown liquid draining from her ass. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
LMAO!
Yeah, but he also ain't batshit crazy!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That's right. If we took 1000, $9 an hour jobs and reduced the pay to $4.50, that would create 1000 new jobs. But why stop there? We could employ 3000 people for the same money if we reduced the pay to $3 per hour!

Spreading the wealth; The republican way!