Bing

Anything out there?
settle fer a tuna fish sammy an a nice ...chat with yer best ...buddy ...plastic man?
I have no clue what to do out there either. I'll be out there at the end of the month and want to find a cool local thing to do. Museum? Park? Local dish?
The Lost Dog.

The Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs isn't that far away, it has a Ruth's Chris although the prices are insane. Sometimes I go to the Rustic Kitchen.

Binghamton is a dump, the prostitutes are substandard to say the least.
The Lost Dog.

The Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs isn't that far away, it has a Ruth's Chris although the prices are insane. Sometimes I go to the Rustic Kitchen.

Binghamton is a dump, the prostitutes are substandard to say the least. Originally Posted by Next Best Thing
Thanks for the info, you can't go wrong with Ruth's, I just ate there in Pittsburgh.
Thanks for the info, you can't go wrong with Ruth's, I just ate there in Pittsburgh. Originally Posted by Lexxxy
The Ruth's Chris at Mohegan Sun is much more expensive, as may be expected, even than the NYC location, and even more expensive than most Morton's.
I have no clue what to do out there either. I'll be out there at the end of the month and want to find a cool local thing to do. Museum? Park? Local dish? Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Lost Dog Cafe for lunch, dinner, espresso beverages, cocktails, and dessert... a little bit of everything!

Number 5 for steak & seafood

Social on State for cocktails and tapas

Lupos for speedies (of course)

Big Dipper (in Apalachin) for ice cream & chicken bbq

Toms Gifts (in Binghamton) for a unique gift shop

If you have time and want to enjoy a downtown district, run over to Ithaca
an number ...2 fer yer ...plastic mans ...favorite times a ...the day
he's right on ruths there. busty made good suggestions too.

Number 5 for steak & seafood
Originally Posted by bustybabygirl
Haven't been there in too long, but it is a very good place. And they have a semi-private room for larger parties that they call "the naked lady room." It has a painting of a gal that is....um...."photo realistic." It is so detailed that you can see the skin beneath the pubic hair, if that makes sense. And it is basically life-size, dominating the entire room. It is a ton of fun to watch yer uptight relatives try to ignore it all night long.

Ruth's Chris is a huge rip-off. Many of the high-end steak houses are. But hey...as we already know...there are tons o' folks out there that are more than willing to give their money away. I gotta figger out how to get them to give me some.....

If you think what you're getting for your money is a slab of protein and animal fat then it's a rip off, as you say, roo.

If you look at it as a somewhat upscale experience, then it is not.

I'd rather eat a ribeye and drink a dram of Redbreast 15 year old or JW Blue Label than eat a bacon cheeseburger washed down with a Miller Light, but in terms of relative value for the money they're probably similar.

Ruth's Chris is really a barely above average franchise steakhouse, not upscale in the scheme of things at all.

I agree that you need to find a way to get other people to give you their money based upon what you have said, and in any case it's the name of the game regardless.

Cheers folks.
Didn't Wakeup masquerade as a restaurant critic too?
Heh!
Lotsa similarities... js
Binghamton bar scene is actually revitaliIng and the food I believe is one of the best pound for pound in upstate

Recommend downtown bars with very good food
The Colonial
205 the Dry
Dos Rios
Social on state
Craft

Restaurants
Number 5
Little Venice
Cortese