Lunch at TMC

Haven't had their Wednesday lunch in a while, but they seem to have upped their game a few notches. Also, the scenery was much improved as well. Didn't have time to research much today, but I plan to try another time.
What was on the lunch menu?
On Wednesday they have an all you can eat lunch buffet.

They had it since the first Men's Club opened in 1989 and the Dallas Men's Club opened in 1993 or later.

It used to be good until about 2010: prime rib, all kind of fresh seafood, duck, roasted pork loin, leg of lamb, fresh oysters on the half shell, crab legs, pork ribs, all kind of carb entrees, fresh veggies, fresh fruits, a dozen types of desserts and cakes and pies.

Then it started to go downhill week by week and by the last time I went to it sometimes in 2015, it was frozen entrees that was heated up in large quantity:

Ore Ida type frozen tatos, frozen lasagna, frozen vegetables that come in a bag, mystery meats and seafood that came out of a frozen styrofoam container, things that you wouldn't even serve to your worse enemy.

The girls that work the Wednesday buffet are not even any better. They know most guys go in there at 11 am to eat and won't spend any money on them and when the buffet is over at 2 pm, the place is as empty as a cemetery.

Apparently from a couple of posts I've read on here the past month or so, their Wednesday buffet seems to have improved but I am not about ready to go waste my time and money to find out.

I haven't been there in almost 3 years and I won't be going back. Constantly hassling their customers to buy over priced bottles of wine and champagne or to go into the Red Room which is not free for lifetime VIP members such myself.

You still have to pay extra to go into the Red Room.
What was on the lunch menu? Originally Posted by Purlie Victorious
Saw quail, stuffed flounder, prime rib, short ribs, brisket plus other items. The roasted okra was really good. Worth 9 bucks IMO.
Was $9 the buffet cost or the cover charge?
There is no cover during the day at TMC except on Wednesday, it's $9 to get in between 11 am and 2 pm so they can cover the cost of the buffet.

Even if you are not eating it's still $9 during those 3 hours.

Sounds like they have improved the buffet.

They got a new GM a few months ago and he may have got rid of the lazy kitchen stuff that was putting out sub par food and charging high end restaurant prices the last 5 years.

I went there one day for Prime Rib.

There is a day of the week where they had a slice of Prime Rib with a baked potato special.

The Prime Rib had grill mark on it and it wasn't rare or medium rare.

It was crusted on both sides from having been on the grill.

When have you ever seen Prime Rib with grill marks on it?

It wasn't a Prime Rib either.

It was Top Sirloin grilled on the grill.

What I got that day sure didn't look like this:

Saw quail, stuffed flounder, prime rib, short ribs, brisket plus other items. The roasted okra was really good. Worth 9 bucks IMO. Originally Posted by MeMyself&I
Sounds like $9 well spent. They offer buffets only on Wednesdays?
Sounds like $9 well spent. They offer buffets only on Wednesdays? Originally Posted by Purlie Victorious
I believe so.
They offer buffets only on Wednesdays? Originally Posted by Purlie Victorious
They have something on Tuesday too.

Bucks Dallas used to have a lunch buffet on Friday from 11 am to 3 pm for $10 that's pretty good too but I think they discontinued it because no one ever showed up for it, not even the dancers.