RIP Miss Edna Milton Chadwell: Chicken Ranch Madam

I hope you all don't mind if I repost this from the local Houston co-ed I just posted.

See Houston Chronicle Article Aka Best little Whorehouse in Texas. ZZTop song LaGrange (you know they have a lot of nice girls out there, har, har, har...)

Interesting side note on how she hated the movie (because it trivialized the story). I often wondered how complacent the town of La Grange was at the time. Besides the sheriff (who is voted in) there must have been bible belt people who turned a blind eye. Or did not mind since she ran such a taut ship, kept crime at bay, spent money at local businesses, and gave to charity.

So when is someone going to write a book about the recent Houston hay days and about the McDonalds of whorehouses: The Escape chain and Amazing John (the owner)? (He was busted and sent to federal prison for tax evasion). Too bad there is no Marvin Zindler (RIP) to add character to that recent era.

Has any old farts here ever been to the Chicken Ranch? Any stories? By my math you would have to be in your late 60s plus years old.
I went down to LaGrange two different times in the late 60's, once for a rush party and the other time for a UT football game. Once as we were sitting in the lobby shopping for a lady, Miss Edna was strolling around with a poodle under her arm talking to clients. We'd had a little beer and were a little loud. One of the guys said "I bet that poodle has better pussy than most of the girls here". Miss Edna causally walked over, mashed her high heel into the top of his foot through his sandals and said "If you boys want to fuck like men then act like men". Through the years I've seen the movie and different plays about "The Chicken Ranch". Never had the nerve to tell my dates or wife how it really was.