Coming to Dallas!!

Ill be in Dallas FW area mid-June for RW work, and looking to see what I can get into lol

I want to find a country bar with real cowboys!!

I might do a few massages when there--after I check out your market.

And I want some real GOOD BBQ!!

Any volunteers to be my tour guide?
People going to kill me but in relation to food, the best BBQ joint is in Austin, hands down. Dallas does not know how to cook BBQ
People going to kill me but in relation to food, the best BBQ joint is in Austin, hands down. Dallas does know how to cook BBQ Originally Posted by macbeth1000
I will agree with you on that MB, but there are some good places here in town.

Try Lockharts either in Plano or in the Bishop Arts District, they have some of the best in town, but they run out a lot.
I think you should've just put that in an ad.
I think most of the true country western bars are on the ft worth side of the metroplex im sure some of our sexy cowboys will be glad to show u a good time

There are some good bbq places but they are in the hood in oak cliff records and td's are both good imo
I think Ill have to go check out FW!! Im really just wanting to make it a fun time when I am not working. Doubt I do the massage thing, been recovering from a shoulder issue, and not really in the mood for that.

How ghetto is the ghetto that the good bbq is in? Im willing to ride thru the hood lol if its damn good!
Its worth the ride chica, its no compton you should be fine lol
Ok, if you're looking for good barbecue, A, don't go to a BBQ joint. Nope. You want to go to Smokehouses.

Really I drive east bound and go to Texas Best in Tyler/Longview. It's worth the drive for me, and great fun!
Eva did you make it to Country Tavern?
OMG ribs and sides! Guys the servers are all beautiful NE Texas ladies!
Fantasy Ranch SC is only 1/4 mile down hwy so sexy fun there also!
Enjoy NE Texas!
TNC
Ahh a smokehouse, I think that is what I am wanting!!

Where is country tavern?
And what about Gilleys? I have to see where the Urban Cowboy took place lol
  • bmax
  • 05-13-2014, 09:36 AM
There are a number of really good BBQ/smokehouse joints. I will be more than happy to take you on a tour of a couple. We have Riscky's BBQ in the Fort Worth Stockyards and my favorite is Hard Eight in Coppell.
Gilley's of Urban Cowboy fame was in Houston, not DFW, and I believe the original closed years ago. For the true cowboy bar experience, the Fort Worth Stockyards is the place to go.

For those that keep up, has Pecan Lodge closed yet for its move from the Farmers Market to Deep Ellum? If not, you might check out their website for days and times they're open...it's been one of the best-reviewed BBQ joints in dallas the past few years.
There are a number of really good BBQ/smokehouse joints. I will be more than happy to take you on a tour of a couple. We have Riscky's BBQ in the Fort Worth Stockyards and my favorite is Hard Eight in Coppell. Originally Posted by bmax
Can Riscky's really compare to Hard Eight? I thought it was too commercial to be considered one of the top joints in dfw.
Bmax I might take you up on that offer. My bad on the wrong Gilleys, of course that was many many years ago

I am thinking Ft Worth is the place to be!