Waiting For Hobbyist Or Provider

How long should someone wait on a hobbyist or a provider for a session before its a No Show? Is it 15 or 30 minutes without someone calling saying there running late?
  • Sami
  • 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Well if someone has appointment at 4pm, and if they don't call by that time it's a NCNS. If running late you should be polite enough to call or send a text, you set the time to visit.

I am always prompt and ready, I only expect the same. We all have schedules. My time is just as valuable as anyone else's.

What get's me those who have done a NCNS, and months later contact you again.

Ya dumbass... You really think I will waste my time again.
I say 10 minutes is enough time. Things do happen. I remember once being a tad late to an appointment due to poor traffic management. I could literally see the girls in-call location but was stuck in traffic because the traffic lights only let 2 cars make a left turn because of backed up traffic. What took me 5 minutes during normal traffic took 20 minutes at rush hour.
How long should someone wait on a hobbyist or a provider for a session before its a No Show? Is it 15 or 30 minutes without someone calling saying there running late? Originally Posted by shorty

Most clients call to say they're going to be running late, even if it's just by fifteen minutes. If the appointment is say, at 4pm, and I don't get a call or a show by 4:30pm, to me, that's a no show.
Without contact, 10 minutes max. Either direction.
Yeah, I used to be anal about time, but I'm not anymore. Things happen. I've learned to keep time open on MY end of things so that I'm not worried about whether he's late. If I'm going to be late, or things aren't going to go as planned, I usually know HOURS in advance. So if we agreed on 8 three days ago, but the day of, my schedule's a bit off, I will let him know on the confirmation call. It's usually not by much, maybe 30 minutes or so.
Has anyone of you ever had a regular job?
Where you have to be in time 5 days per week?
And then, after lunch, you have to be back in time for work?

Christ what is so difficult about being in time?

Of course things can happen. Everyone has a cell phone.
Right?
Has anyone of you ever had a regular job?
Where you have to be in time 5 days per week?
And then, after lunch, you have to be back in time for work?

Christ what is so difficult about being in time?

Of course things can happen. Everyone has a cell phone.
Right? Originally Posted by waverunner234
Nope. I'm still using smoke signals.
Of course I'm just kidding. You are very right. It is respectful to call. But not everyone has an understanding about the respect/timeliness protocol. Usually they're young. My godchild just got her first job, and I gave her the First Job talk about not being late, being humble and respectful no matter her boss's attitude and the like. First week, she's late and gets reamed out. I ask what happened, she says 'I was only 30 minutes late.' Yes. ONLY 30 minutes. But she's 17, so you live and learn.

If they knew better they'd do better. Take into consideration that a lot of ladies have NEVER had a job.
I agree with Sami, I understand things happen but you should still call and let either side now.
Nope. I'm still using smoke signals.
Of course I'm just kidding. You are very right. It is respectful to call. But not everyone has an understanding about the respect/timeliness protocol. Usually they're young. My godchild just got her first job, and I gave her the First Job talk about not being late, being humble and respectful no matter her boss's attitude and the like. First week, she's late and gets reamed out. I ask what happened, she says 'I was only 30 minutes late.' Yes. ONLY 30 minutes. But she's 17, so you live and learn.

If they knew better they'd do better. Take into consideration that a lot of ladies have NEVER had a job. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
I have no problem with smoke signals, I think even our current president uses them sometimes.
It is way better than just being late with no signals at all.
Respect! If you can't be on time be early! If your going to be late CALL! If your more than ten minutes late without calling, you don't deserve any repect as you don't have any for others!
Given that most tardiness is preventable and that instant communication and messaging is so universal, at the exact time of the appointment, if we've not made contact, I'm already deciding if I want the session to go forward.

I don't make others wait on me and that's what I expect in return.

Yes, "things" do happen. But curiously, "things" happen to some people more than others.
  • Sami
  • 04-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Yes sir you are correct!

Respect! If you can't be on time be early! If your going to be late CALL! If your more than ten minutes late without calling, you don't deserve any repect as you don't have any for others! Originally Posted by Still Looking
I am always on time or early. I reserve my time for you and prepare for your desires. Dont be late!!! but if you are let me know...
I was about 30 minutes late for my appointment last Friday. traffic was backed up in Dallas. I sent texts to let the provider, letting her know I was going to be late and apologized. It happens, but communication is the key.