Wasting time?

I have a question, I have been n the hobby for 5 decades and mostly traveled so I have a long time habit of making appointments in advance. I still try to do that now. KC for example, is 2 hours from me so I try to make a day trip, lunch with friends, play time for me, shopping. So with that in mind I tried to set up an appointment with one of the prominent ladies in KC with " can we set up an appointment Tuesday at 1 pm for an hour, I don't want to be a time waster".

to my surprise that was evidently time wasting because she stopped responding on both Tryst and P411.

Is that now considered time wasting? I am really curious. thanks
Oh gosh, idk sweetie. I hope she’s ok, and nothing happened to her. I would appreciate that style of communication. Good luck, hopevyou find someone.
I feel the same way. I try to look out up to a week or two in advance, whether I’m traveling or not. Regulars don’t mind it but I find a lot of the time if you don’t know the provider that they feel like you are leading them on. But such is life.
I feel the same way. I try to look out up to a week or two in advance, whether I’m traveling or not. Regulars don’t mind it but I find a lot of the time if you don’t know the provider that they feel like you are leading them on. But such is life. Originally Posted by okie83
Don’t take it personal love. It’s not you at all. There’s a negative shift taking place in the business, and it’s definitely affecting us. Most of us, (especially mature), appreciate pre-booking. I’ve run numbers over the past three months with 3 other highly respected providers, and we’re all running 85% cancel rate. It’s a nationwide thing according to X (formally Twitter). Even guys paying deposits are canceling.

Don’t give up. I’m sure one of the lovelies in KC will make your day.😉
I feel the same way. I try to look out up to a week or two in advance, whether I’m traveling or not. Regulars don’t mind it but I find a lot of the time if you don’t know the provider that they feel like you are leading them on. But such is life. Originally Posted by okie83
Don’t take it personal love. It’s not you at all. There’s a negative shift taking place in the business, and it’s definitely affecting us. Most of us, (especially mature), appreciate pre-booking. I’ve run numbers over the past three months with 3 other highly respected providers, and we’re all running 85% cancel rate. It’s a nationwide thing according to X (formally Twitter). Even guys paying deposits are canceling.

Don’t give up. I’m sure one of the lovelies in KC will make your day.😉
I am blessed as I rarely get cancels..they do happen occassionally but not very much
And I am usually almost fully prebooked before a trip with a small waiting list.
Wow! 85% cancel rate?! I’m sorry to hear providers are dealing with that. I have noticed it has become harder to get responses from providers. Even initial contacts are not getting responded to. Definitely a negative vibe going on these days in the hobby…
I absolutely love when people pre-book. I would love to have more do it